Breathe

Breathe

A Poem by Elise
"

I wrote this piece a while ago, I don't know if I'd really call it a poem or not but poetry has never been my strong point.

"

Out, out of what? Out of life, time, Love? Were did it go and why can’t I get it back I’ve lost the memories that contain the words, the words that contain the memories. Where is the key that opens the door and the rhyme that begins the song?

 

Sight, gone and found, why do you see it all with unfaltering eyes? Bright colours fill my skies like the black ones that fill yours. My clouds come and go while yours hold their breath in anticipation.

 

You fall away like the leaves in autumn your smile falters while I blush in your presence I can’t see you anymore you’ve faded out of my sight. But I wait with the winter as you wait with the spring. Soon enough it’s gone as I follow my script and begin again I can feel something that’s not out of my reach out of my sight. And it begins again like the rain in the winter I can fell it prickling my skin.

And I breathe.

 

© 2009 Elise


Author's Note

Elise
Don't mind the drawing folks it's something I did a while ago to sort of follow how I was feeling.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I believe the catagory would be prose. Anyway, this is trully great... I absolutly love it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really liked the visuals you give with the feel of this poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
RD
I am truly amazed by this poem, or whatever you want to call it :] It's so intense, but it's soft and sweet at the same time. Wow, I'm just blown away, but it's good. I love it.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

379 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 19, 2009
Last Updated on November 19, 2009

Author

Elise
Elise

Adelaide, Australia



About
My name's Elise, I'm 27 and I live in South Australia, I haven't written anything in a really long time but I'm hoping be it this year, next year or however long it takes I can escape back into my own.. more..

Writing