Haunting Memory

Haunting Memory

A Story by C.J.
"

Had to write a story involving a tramatic event. So it may seem kinda classic the story, but overall i think it's good. Hope you like it. ^_^

"

The eleven year old boy sat in his room doing his homework he had gotten from school that day. He closed his eyes and took in the scent of his mothers cooking, rushing to finish his homework. He quickly glanced at the book he wrote his homework in and sighed with frustration seeing it was a lot, but then again it wasn’t anything unusual for him. He sighed again and began to write his heading on the top of his paper, “Allen Ascher”.

 

He woke up suddenly, rubbing the sleep away from his eyes. He looked around seeing his room covered in darkness, and the cool breeze from outside coming in through his window gave him a chill as he walked over to it and closed it. He had fallen asleep after he finished his homework. His original intension was just to rest his eyes, but apparently it didn’t work out the way he had planned.

 

Allen left his room and walked down the hall to his parents room, knocking on the door. He opened slightly, but saw no one, so he continued on his way to the kitchen, where he saw his mother cutting up meat. He smiled as he looked up at her.

 

“Mom, is dinner almost ready?” he asked sniffing the scent of the spices that were coming from the pot.

 

“Almost” she replied smiling back down at him, as she continued

 

“Is dad here?”

 

“Yes. He’s in the living room…but do you mind helping me here in the kitchen?”

 

“Sure!”

 

“Great go get the bread crumb from the cabinet for me please” she said gesturing toward the wooden cabinet, by the back door.

Allen proceeded to help his mother, getting the bread crumb. He shook the can a little, hearing there wasn’t much left.

 

“Mom, I don’t think this is enough” he said as he looked, but froze in his steps. His hand shook slightly seeing his mothers clothes stained with blood. His eyes drifted toward hers, seeing an odd coldness to them. He bit his lip and backed up a few steps.

 

“Mom…why are you like that?” he asked, trying to sound less shaken

 

“It’s nothing sweety, just hand me the can please”

 

“I don’t like you like that…can you please change?”

 

“Why I think I look fine?” she smiled

 

He shook his head as he inched his way out of the kitchen, and broke into a gentle jog as he went into the living room, seeing his father watching t.v. He walked over to him, but quickly stumbled backward with shock seeing his fathers body limp, cold, and bloody. He was at a lose for words as he gazed at his father’s lifeless body. He cringed at the sound of his mother’s approaching footsteps, the steps he use to run toward, now gave him the stomach wrenching feeling to run away.

 

“What’s wrong sweety?” she asked looking at him with a slightly hurt look on her face

 

“W-what did you do to him?” he asked tears filling his eyes

 

“What did you do to dad?!”

 

“He’s fine” she said as she walked over to the arm of the couch and sat on it, brushing the hair away from the corpses face “see he’s perfectly fine”

 

Allen looked at his mother with disgust and fear as he quickly stood up and went to run, but his mother grabbed his arm pulling him toward her. He started breathing heavy as she embraced him, with her blood drenched clothes. He struggled to get free, but she had a tight hold on him which made him panic. He started screaming for help and she brushed his hair with her hand as she attempted to clam him down. He continued to struggle, but stopped for a moment when he saw a glint in his mother’s hands through the reflection of the glass doors on the wall unit. His eyes widened, making him struggle and scream louder. Finally he got free, from her grasp seeing the knife in her hand, as he broke out into a run toward his room.

 

He closed the door and locked it looking at himself in the mirror as he backed away from the door. He cried more seeing the blood on his own clothes, but more for the horrifying transformation his mother was suffering from. He heard her trying to open the door and panicked again running into the closet, in hopes in would shelter him from the monster that had taken over his mother. He backed father into the closet hearing the violent banging and then the loud burst of the door practically flying off it’s hinges. He fell onto the floor, his heart beating so fast he could almost hear it as clear as day. His eyes widened as he heard the knob to the closet door, being turned, then with a sudden quick movement the door flung open, a flashlight blinding him.

 

Allen covered his eyes, crying as he turned away from the light.

“We found someone” he heard a male voice

Allen looked up seeing it was a police officer, and behind him was a women officer, walking toward him. The man lowered his flashlight, as she approached.

 

“Oh my-” she gently made her way over to him as she bent down in front of him smiling softly “Don’t worry, we’re not going to hurt you. Your neighbor called us, we’re just here to help you”. He was shaken as he reached out toward her hand letting her help him up, as they approached the front door, Allen could see his mother in the car. She smiled at him as the car drove away.

 

Allen quickly sat up in his bed as he took a deep breathe. Lowering his head a little, he glanced around at his apartment, his eyes drifting toward the calendar, where March 17th was circled. He swung his legs over the edge of his bed and saw a picture of his parents together. The both of them smiling as they hugged each other. He closed his eyes as he took the picture of his parents and faced it down onto his night stand, trying to shield himself from the memories that haunted him that night.

© 2010 C.J.


Author's Note

C.J.
Love to hear what you think please let me know

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very demented story I have to say, but that is a good thing when it comes to writing, it makes it all the more interesting. It's a new take on the subject of...Horror I guess you could call it. I'm sure many have written stories like this but have failed to get it to flow the way yours has

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 23, 2010
Last Updated on March 23, 2010

Author

C.J.
C.J.

None of your Buisness, NY



About
Hey I have another account on this website, but i made this one mainly for my poems and possibly some short stories. Anywho, I'm an outgoing person, but can be very quite at times. I love anime, music.. more..

Writing
Breathe In Breathe In

A Poem by C.J.