I am not special.

I am not special.

A Poem by slightly terrified

I absolutely hate being told I can’t/shouldn’t do things because I’m too young. I feel like I have a good understanding of what I actually should not do and what is other people basing off of everyone else my age. I’m not going to  say “I’m different than everyone else” because I know that is not true. I know I follow many trends and can’t seem to truly be myself. I know I tend to act like the people I’m around most and can’t find my own personality. That is such a bad trait of mine now that I think about it.. But I would in no way place myself with the majority either. I fall somewhere in the middle that no one notices. I am not special and I really need to realize that. Realize I am not the center of everyone's world and cannot expect them to always be there to help me. They have themselves to worry about and I can’t assume they will drop everything to talk to me just to hear about my lousy uneventful day. I cant expect everyone to like me and want to talk to me, I need to remind myself not to change so other people will like me as well. That isn’t me, I’m constantly changing and I want it to be for myself and for the better.

I really didn’t plan out what I was going to write, I kind of just let my feelings spill out onto the keyboard.. So what i wrote is kind of messy and doesn’t follow any type of guideline.

© 2016 slightly terrified


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

you say how you think your selfish because you feel bad about feeling bad and you want to help people but you dont know how this writing piece literately states how others wont help you because they dont have the time that means they are being Just as selfish because they dont see the world the same way as you

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

very deep and great depth. thank you for sharing this with us.

Posted 7 Years Ago


you say how you think your selfish because you feel bad about feeling bad and you want to help people but you dont know how this writing piece literately states how others wont help you because they dont have the time that means they are being Just as selfish because they dont see the world the same way as you

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 28, 2016
Last Updated on May 28, 2016

Author

slightly terrified
slightly terrified

AZ



About
I have been very uninspired lately so I won't be posting as much. That is also why my pieces are decreasing in quality so I'd rather not post a lot of bad ones and just post a good one when the right .. more..

Writing