Stuck In This Place

Stuck In This Place

A Story by Dana Ferguson

In the shower trying not to look around. I always feel like I see shadows. This house is haunted, and I'm the only one who knows. My family doesn't believe me. I hate taking showers in this bathroom, too many mirrors. What makes it bad is the fact that one mirror faces another at the other side of the bathroom, creating an eternal reflection of myself on both. I don't feel good in here at night, but I have no say in whether I live here or not, so I have to deal with it.
The towel hanger is creepy too. Why does it have so many hooks for towels? It looks like an old dying tree for some reason. Such a strange thing to have in a bathroom.
I need to get out already. Get this over with. I got this, just grab the towel and go. Something stops me though, something isn't right. My towel on one of the hooks looks heavy. I stare at it, waiting for something to happen. Suddenly it falls as if pulled down and piles up on the floor like it's alive. Oh no. I can't breath. I feel an urge to look towards the mirror to the right of the bathroom. Looking into the mirror I see my reflection. I look into my eyes, but they don't look like mine. What's happening? Slowly chills start to rip up my spine, and it's like whatever is there is staring back at me through my own eyes. I can't control myself, and as a scream rages through my throat I scramble to grab the towel off of the floor and fall! Hurry, hurry, to the door! Damn this sliding door, my fingers are clawing at the sides, there's no knobs on sliding doors in this old house. Finally I get it open! Not going in there again.
Breathing heavily I run to the kitchen, and tell my mom what happened. She doesn't believe me. 
That's the trouble living in this house, who will believe me?

© 2015 Dana Ferguson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

When I was a kid I lived in a house with a door to the attic in the bathroom, always scared something was going to come out that door to get me....nice writing, you should add to this:)

Posted 8 Years Ago


terry smith

8 Years Ago

I once dated a girl who moved into a house on what was known as "haunted row" a street of houses in .. read more
Dana Ferguson

8 Years Ago

Oh wow. I'm always curious about places like that. I would hate to be the unfortunate person living .. read more
terry smith

8 Years Ago

I have a friend that thinks she is a ghost buster, she hasn't met one yet!!!
This is a well-written little horror story which could easily be continued if you wished.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Dana Ferguson

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much, I may try it

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 18, 2015
Last Updated on October 18, 2015

Author

Dana Ferguson
Dana Ferguson

TX



About
If you've come to my page to read some of my poems, thank you so much, it means the world to me. I love to write in my own special style and I love being able to show it to others. If you don't enjoy .. more..

Writing
Haze Haze

A Poem by Dana Ferguson


Ghost Ghost

A Poem by Dana Ferguson



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mouse Mouse

A Story by Terpsichore