The Diary of a Motherless child

The Diary of a Motherless child

A Poem by dannie
"

When I was only 15 minutes old my mother chose her crack pipe over me. I grew up with my mother's sister, almost like Cinderella, but the only difference is Cinderella found a way out.

"

All I ever wanted to be was loved not by a boy, I wanted love from my mother.
She never even gave me a chance to show her how much I could really love her.

Growing up for me was never easy I couldn't decide how she kept all my other siblings but wouldn't keep me.
I only got to see her on birthdays and holidays and maybe twice a month on Sundays.
Never got to see her best days because "Crystal" got her best days I had to settle with what was given to me which were the worst days.

I never judged her and I always loved her like a daughter would love her mother.
I masked my pain with a fake smile painted across my face and I Would pace back and forth in my room angry at the world for what I had to cope with everyday.

Days and years went by our bond got stronger, her system was cleaner. I never disrespected her, my heart was in the right place it was my soul who cried for her to get the hell away. Knowing she would let me down and leave me hanging once again someday.

"Crystal" came to visit more often and I had to pretend, pretend that I was ok with her not being a mother and trying to be my bestfriend. I had no freedom she followed me more than my first crush. I got fed up with her episodes I had finally had enough.

So I left to see if the world would treat me any better, but she never taught me how survive I knew there would be upcoming danger.

In my lifetime I stay looking for a lifeline. Somebody who can guide me and give me knowledge for a lifetime.

© 2015 dannie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your poem is beautiful, for your emotions have connected to the very core of my heart. You are a strong person, for you still have the courage to write and share us the moments in your life that has caused pain but you are a victor of life. I like people who don't give up on their dreams and passions. defying their past for a moment and focusing on their future. When I read your poem, I could feel your pain for it resonated in my heart but I could also see one thing. The growth of a beautiful person who may have not grown much in the past but will flower in the future. Never give up on writing but try to give your poems a more poetic feel to it. I speak out of experience for I had the same problem but look at the layout of other people poems and do some research on the technical side on poems, and one shall become a more powerful writer. For a writer cannot survive on talent alone, the right tools are just as important but don't let it discourage you for your poem is still beautiful.

Good job :D

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 8, 2015
Last Updated on August 8, 2015

Author

dannie
dannie

TX



About
I have always had a passion to write but was always afraid to share my talent. more..

Writing