Of different worlds

Of different worlds

A Story by Aldora Sparrow
"

A Fushigi Yugi: Genbu Kaiden fanfiction. Takes place three months after the end of the 8th book. The sadder version because of a grave misunderstanding. Hope you enjoy!

"

 

Of Different Worlds
 

 

Crossing into her world was a little more difficult than he thought. When he finally opened his deep grey eyes, he was on top of a tall hill overlooking waving yellowing grass stalks. The sun was well on its journey across the sky. Further past the seemingly boundless field was a small town.
It had been three months since their last meeting. It was his fault that she left. But it was for her protection. Her role as the Priestess of Genbu had a terrible price. A price that he was unwilling to pay. Her life…So, he convinced all of the other Celestial Warriors to force her back to this world where it was safe.
Then he found a portal that crossed into her world. The temptation was too great for him so here he was now, hoping the slightest glimpse, the slightest proof that his choice for her was right.
The morning sun was sinking to the afternoon. He closed his eyes and felt the autumn wind. It was much cooler here, but the sun was still warm and still sent the same shivers through his body. Their worlds weren’t so different…
He pulled a wooden flute from his belt. After turning the intricate instrument in his long fingers for a moment, he brought it to his lips. The first notes that were born from the smooth wood were gentle and tentative, but soon his emotions took over and he just gave himself up to the music.
The song was originally meant to be as sweet as she had sung it for him the first time. But his memories of her turned it into something heart-wrenching and it brought light tears to his closed eyes. The intricate patterns of notes flowed perfectly with the increasing wind that danced around his body…
A sob brought him out of his trance. Whipping around and moving into a fighting stance, he saw a girl standing there. His heart thumped heavily. She was thin with dark brown eyes. Her long black hair was pulled halfway with a blue ribbon and her bangs were parted to the right. Tears slid across her face as the wind began to get colder.
With his eyes intent on her, she blushed and hastily wiped away her tears on a sleeve of her pale blue kimono. “Sorry, for disturbing you, sir,” she smiled shyly. “You just play so well.”
He felt his emotions welling up inside of him. He wanted to rush to her and hold her tightly in his arms again. But his mind pointed out the “sir” in her sentence. Was this really her? He held back.
“Don’t you remember?” he asked. The gusts became colder rapidly. He felt his body go cold.
She shook her head slowly, moving the hair that blew into her face.
He stepped towards her until he was an arm length away. She was taller than he remembered. His long length of hair rippled in the chilling wind. He looked at her from head to toe, ignoring her blush. When he finally met her eyes, he said again weakly, “You don’t remember me?”
She stepped back a little. Her heart was in confusion. Who was this tall and handsome man? “Have we met?”
His grey eyes became deeply sad. “A long time ago…”
The whistling of the wind filled the silence that passed between them. She couldn’t understand what he was talking about.
“Are you happy?” his question brought her out of her thoughts.
“I guess so.” She replied.
A slight smile touched his lips, but it never reached his eyes. “That’s good.”
Suddenly a voice carried up the hill. “Ta…ko!” the faint voice rung slightly through him. He couldn’t understand why.
She turned behind her. “Oh, it’s my friend…” The name that followed slipped past his ear before he could catch it.
“Ta…ko!” The voice rang again.
Something in him told him it was time to go and to return to his time, his world. He closed his eyes and stepped back. Bowing his brown-black haired head, he murmured, “I wish you happiness.”
“Wai—” she started, but her friend cut her off. She turned to look at the newcomer.
“Geez, Taigako,” the other girl ran to her friend’s side. She pushed the bangs out of her dark brown eyes. “I was calling you!” This girl was just like Taigako except that her hair ribbon and kimono were a light pink and her bangs were parted through the middle. She rubbed her arms. “Phew. It got cold fast.”
“Sorry, Takiko,” her friend apologized. “I was talking to—” She turned around, but the man had disappeared.
Takiko looked to where she was looking. “To whom?”
Taigako swung her head around, but there was no sign of him. “I swear he was just here…”
“Who?” Takiko asked again.
Taigako paused for a moment then said, “He never told me his name.”
*** *** ***
On the other side of the portal, Limdo pressed his hand against the invisible door that he had discovered earlier. His mind was only on her. She really hadn’t changed since he last saw her. She was still so beautiful…
But she didn’t remember him. She forgot who he was. The thought tore him to pieces. Now he’s lost three of the people he held closest to his heart. First Tawur, who raised him like his own son, Soren who was more than a brother to him and now her, the only woman he had ever loved. Why was he cursed to lose everyone he loved? With them gone, what else did he have left in this life?
*** *** ***
“What did he look like?” Takiko asked her hurriedly with a peculiar look in her eyes.
“He was handsome and about this tall” Taigako held her hand a good foot over her head. “He had deep grey eyes. His hair was a dark brown and short except for the long length that fell down his back. He wore wrist guards and clothes that I’ve never…Takiko?”
Takiko was crying. She knew who he was. Her entire being knew who he was.
His name slipped out of her lips. “Limdo…”
Her eyes widened in fear and she ran to where Taigako had been looking earlier, stumbling from the tears that filled her eyes and heart. She desperately looked for the portal hole. When she finally found it she pushed against the invisible barrier and screamed out his name, but they were never heard. He had already left. He was out of reach. He was gone...
Taigako wanted to know what was causing her best friend so much pain and wanted to comfort her. But there was nothing she could do but watch Takiko spill her heart on an empty hill. The wind blew cold, but it was nowhere as close as to the coldness in her heart. Though her anguished cries echoed across the bare fields, they never echoed far enough for her lover to hear. After all, they were of two different worlds.
 
“It was wrong to begin with. We live in different worlds. There’s no way we can be together.”
“Yes, you’re right. We are from different worlds. But I…I knew that, and I…I couldn’t stop my feelings…I still love you…with all my heart…”

 

© 2009 Aldora Sparrow


Author's Note

Aldora Sparrow
Even though Taigako is my mine, I do not own Fushigi Yugi.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on October 27, 2009
Last Updated on October 27, 2009

Author

Aldora Sparrow
Aldora Sparrow

About
I have been writing for longer than I can remember, but it was only during 7th grade did I start to write outside of class. I am still inexperienced and I love helpful comments. I love to write fa.. more..

Writing