A Letter?

A Letter?

A Poem by rip ash

There are a lot of things that I don’t know. I don’t know if I miss you or miss the thought of you. I don’t know if I just miss how good you were to me, even when I didn’t deserve it. I don’t know if I’m just lonely but I’ve been thinking about you a lot lately, especially right before I fall asleep. But there are a few things I do know. I miss your laugh. I miss the way you used to hold me. I felt at peace, safe. I tried to find that in other people and it wasn’t the same. I wasn’t afraid or ashamed to be myself when I was with you. The best nights of sleep I’ve ever gotten was when you were next to me. Maybe I’m just selfish. I took you for granted. I knew you were too good to me, and I felt like I was taking advantage of that. Now, I hate that the things you used to confide in me you now confide in others. I’m in the dark. We were each other’s. I miss tracing things on your skin and the face you make when you’re focused. I miss holding your hand. I know I’ve got time and shouldn’t be looking for something to fill whatever hole I have but I am. And I’m sorry. And I don’t know if this is the right thing to do or say or even let anyone read. But sometimes I think that I’m never going to find someone again who was as good to me as you were. I just couldn’t see that at the time. And now I’ve messed it up twice and it’s too late.

© 2018 rip ash


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on February 23, 2018
Last Updated on February 23, 2018

Author

rip ash
rip ash

About
a place to write things i’d never say out loud more..

Writing