Debileah's memoirs...

Debileah's memoirs...

A Story by Deborah Leah Krempa
"

Just fleeting thoughts and memories..

"
Mom use to make us homemade frosting on top of graham crackers for a snack... and tortillas with peanut butter and jelly were awesome.. lol ... my dad's factory shut down in the mid 50's and we experienced trying to relocate, he painted houses in florida for $1 an hour, we headed to texas where we met with being homeless for a spell, walking the streets of houston, living out of our jalopy of car, he would search out pop bottles, alluminum pop cans and copper to keep us fed, then we traveled on a greyhound came back home to ohio and president kennedy took office, thanks to him we survived off of sea rations from the navy as my dad was a veteran of WWII, until he finally got hired at a foundry here...life was hard in those days, but we survived and i guess this life, many lessons are learned the hard way.. i appreciate the fact that my mom and dad gave us the best they had to offer and that was love and lots of hugs..

© 2017 Deborah Leah Krempa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on January 31, 2017
Last Updated on January 31, 2017
Tags: Poetry, prose, story

Author

Deborah Leah Krempa
Deborah Leah Krempa

Toledo, OH



About
I am grandmother,.. My children and my grandchildren I love them all so very much. They are my gifts from my creator, the blessings in this life. I simply adore poetry and the .. more..

Writing