A Planted Seed of Corporate Greed

A Planted Seed of Corporate Greed

A Poem by Deborah Leah Krempa

Water is life! My dear family and friends, without the part she plays in Mother Nature, we could no longer survive. Mother Earth would surely shrivel and die, her womb from whence we came would become as arid and dry as the desert sands. No longer could we be nourished and fed by her bosom. No more would the rains come to replenish the soil, the earth could no longer give forth her seeds for us to grow our own food. Our families would thirst for water and pray for rain from the heavens which could never come. There would be no more a rainbow of hope in the sky for you and for I. Our Grandfather, The Great Spirit would cry the saltiest of tears and in his weeping, he would forever mourn his most beautiful and lovely of all creation; his bride. Mother Earth would become extinct and so shall you and I. There is no escape from the incorporated greed of mankind. The lust of his heart is on trial here. Now in this day and age, mankind must unblind his eyes, become deaf to the noise and confusion of what has become known to us as progress. We must stop the raping of the the lands, the destruction of the forestry and the polluting of the waters and the air, which is deemed necessary to sustain the existence of life on this planet. Until we meet again... Se la vi!

© 2018 Deborah Leah Krempa


Author's Note

Deborah Leah Krempa
Feel free to share your opinion. Welcome...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I recall reading an article recently about marijuana fields. Because of the legalization of it in some states, gangs are setting up in forests and diverting streams to their crops and leaving refuse of all kinds behind (camping equipment, pesticides, fertilizer bags, plastic tubing) which is not only helping to destroy the forests but also kill species of animals that come in contact with it.

And its all in the name of greed.

Good writing here Debileah.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I agree Deborah. I live down the road from you in Clinton Twp, Michigan. lake St. Clair is six miles from my house. Lake St. Clair was off limit to swim-in. Four dangerous bacteria. Can kill if enter the human body. 11 lakes in Michigan were off-limit to swim in. IT is sad what we are doing to the forest and the lake/sea. Now Trump want to drill the lakes. I pray we learn ASAP. We need the water, the trees and the earth. More than she needs us. Wonderful and powerful shared.
Coyote

Posted 4 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I recall reading an article recently about marijuana fields. Because of the legalization of it in some states, gangs are setting up in forests and diverting streams to their crops and leaving refuse of all kinds behind (camping equipment, pesticides, fertilizer bags, plastic tubing) which is not only helping to destroy the forests but also kill species of animals that come in contact with it.

And its all in the name of greed.

Good writing here Debileah.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm not sure what lack of rain has to do with politicians and greed?

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

517 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2017
Last Updated on March 14, 2018

Author

Deborah Leah Krempa
Deborah Leah Krempa

Toledo, OH



About
I am grandmother,.. My children and my grandchildren I love them all so very much. They are my gifts from my creator, the blessings in this life. I simply adore poetry and the .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..