A Letter To Santa

A Letter To Santa

A Poem by Deborah Leah Krempa
"

(poem in the form of a letter)

"

Dear Santa,

     When I was a little girl I pulled off your beard.

 I was so disappointed in you.

 I felt as though everything I'd been told was a lie.

 It made me sad and I did cry.

Now that I'm grown with children of my own,

 they ask me about you and if I believe in St. Nickolas.

 Well, I do believe in fantasy and fairytales you see.

 I believe in the magic of a young child's imagination,

 and my children watch for your arrival each year at Christmas time.

 So I lay out cookies and milk for you every Christmas Eve.

 I tuck my children all snug in their beds,

 with kisses atop each of their tiny heads.

 The legend of Santa lives on it's a tradition

 they learned not from me but from tv.

 

Debileah

        

© 2008 Deborah Leah Krempa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

We all have that moment when the fantasy is dashed, but we strive to keep the tradition moving forward. We need to beleive in the magic of the season, and encourage the love to be shared all year long.

Posted 15 Years Ago


That's the joy seeing the kids enjoy. Wolf man Jack killed Santa for me back in the early 60's on ABC radio, he was following Santa from the north pole and I was looking out the window searchin. It was a storm that year and he said there would be delay and Santa wasn't going to make it to New York. Man I cried myself to sleep, the next morning Santa did arrive, so I still be lieved in Santa but Wolfman Jack, I don't think I listen to him after that.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I caught dad moving presents from the back of the car into the house when I was about five. It was still broad daylight, for goodness sake. Anyway, the Santa cat got dumped from the bag for me at an early age. Funny thing, though--it still didn't entirely convince me that Santa wasn't real, and I may sometimes "acidentally" leave a cookie or two lying out on Christmas eve night.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is kind of sad really, So true, this is an emotional write, very well written. Like this, you are a powerful writer.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very adorable poem. It is soo true of what our childern learn. From tv!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 9, 2008
Last Updated on December 9, 2008

Author

Deborah Leah Krempa
Deborah Leah Krempa

Toledo, OH



About
I am grandmother,.. My children and my grandchildren I love them all so very much. They are my gifts from my creator, the blessings in this life. I simply adore poetry and the .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..