Public School Pipeline

Public School Pipeline

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

This one's for all the kids getting sold out by the systematic dismantling of public education.

"
Public schools to private prisons 
Pipe line education 
They say no child is left behind
Incarceration Nation 
Slashing funding standardizing 
with zero tolerance 
Kids taught to fear authority 
The death of innocence 
Cops patrolling in the school yard
Keep little thugs in line 
What was after school detention
Now it's serving time
Racial profile stop and frisk 
He's only ten years old 
Gonna cuff him to a system 
of maximum control 

Stigmatized and segregated 
put into special ed 
Born to serve for felonies
The label on his head 

Throw Trayvon into a prowler 
Throw Tasheka in the brig
You don't have to tell these kids
the justice system's rigged 

They turn kids into criminals 
Creating a disgrace
Poor and black will cost you kiddies 
You're labeled by your face 

Maximum security lock down 
The new world order school 
A public education system 
Designed for penal rule

Know injustice when you see it
The kids are out of time 
Cradle to grave incarceration 
School to prison pipeline  



© 2014 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
There's a reason I keep referring to America as "incarceration nation." This is a massive socioeconomic problem effecting all of us. If you're not outraged you ought to be.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

And this is exactly why I want to become a teacher. If kids can get themselves involved in extra curricular activities then not only will their grades stay up but they are less likely to become a part of "incarceration nation". Amazing write as usual and thank you for further inspiring me to become an educator :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Ankara
My, I didn't know this is what's happening... Thanks for the information, BR. I'll keep my eye on present issues from now on.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thanks for stopping by
Goal of incarceration??? Listen, I live right on the border of Brownsville in Pensacola (the hood, basically) and I can tell you, these little thugs aren't little thugs due to lack of public school funding, okay? Do I think there's a major problem with the educational system in America? Absolutely, but to lay the prison population at the feet of public school not reaching its fiscal goal is absurd (in my opinion *wink*) And to think incarceration is the goal is more than absurd. It costs more to house a prisoner than to feed a kid school breakfast or give him an instrument to play. I might disagree with it, but I enjoyed your poem, Baby. Good on ya.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your input Kimmer. It's always good to here from you
KAOlmsted

10 Years Ago

Always my pleasure, gorgeous...keep fighting the good fight xoxo
More and more privatized prisons are popping up and are not Government regulated, meaning whoever owns them can do what they see fit with the inmates, pretty f*****g scary stuff...well done Ric. well enjoyed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Rene
very interesting thesis for consideration

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Doug
I've been outraged for years being trapped in utter nonsense that is school rules and everyone tells me I'm amplifying what truly goes on. All this coming from a child who was suspended for insubordination (defending myself when outright offended publicly by a teacher), and I've ne'er broken a rule for years, not to mention the countless times I've been frisked for no reason whatsoever. Teachers are religious nutbags who spend entire class periods preaching and I can list so many teachers who can't even speak English well (not that that's a real big issue, but it is when that teacher teaches crucial subjects like math and science and the overall IQ of the area is ten points lower than most of the US).
I can ramble on and on about how pointless this all is but I suppose I should stop here. You speak the truth and the system is certainly, undoubtedly corrupted. Well spoken.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Of all my friends on the wc I knew you would have the most to say on this subject. I also figured yo.. read more
School is a prison no matter if it's public or private and I am pretty sure I am not the only one who prays it burns.... Oops. The system is so messed up and half the teachers don't understand it, it's pointless and stupid.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

For sure. Thank you Noodle
NWO is here. The system is set up for all to fail and that's so sad. Such a great write, Mark.

Posted 10 Years Ago


NWO is here. The system is set up for all to fail and that's so sad. Such a great write, Mark.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

THanks bro
' They turn kids into criminals ~ Creating a disgrace ~ Poor and black will cost you kiddies ~ You're labeled by your face . ' ~ ' Maximum security lock down ~ The new world order school ~ A public education system ~ Designed for penal rule'

Is everywhere, believe me! What a wonderfully intense and angry piece of writing.. has blood coursing through its veins. Says even more than your words because there's immense awareness which is what the system needs. Populations sit back and whine.. and do nothing. You don't, thank the Lord! Great writing, re. style, phrasing as well as theme.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Emma
emmajoy

10 Years Ago

I visit, read, then slide away full of new thoughts but old feelings. Tis all a passer-by can do.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

863 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 25, 2014
Last Updated on February 25, 2014

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..