A tale of two whispers

A tale of two whispers

A Story by dexlinx

A deep blue sky draped itself over a rolling sea of grey rooftops. Waves of silhouetted windows rolled from crest to break. Flowing from here to there �" in and out of their destinies �" faces filled the rooms from the early to the late. Not far from here to there one such place settled itself in the in-between. In this place there was a soul with no name and here did live a whisper.
 
Sober the thought of its existence - settling on the spirit of man that which passed into a time unknown.  Could it be that this whisper; this thing lost so long ago in the fairy-tales once told �" should be real? How then �" if what was; is true �" can it be that this one whisper could survive without the other?
 
Long ago; now lost to the memories of most �" fell many whispers from the heavens to mingle with the souls of man. Two by two these whispers lived; perfect in harmony and love. They did whisper this love two by two into the souls of man as was meant to be. The drum roll of death was given over to a symphony of compassion. Louder the song became until all those that were; did live perfectly harmonious one with the other.
 
As time grew thin; man became curious of all else that could be and he and she drew apart one from the other; forsaking the gift once given by the whisper. As one whisper would not long live without the other - they were soon thought a story once told.
 
This then is the mystery of one whisper �" now living among us in the soul with no name.  From this day to that the whisper pleads with he who’s soul is bound; to find she whose soul is bound by the other.  And as each day melts away into each night he who knew her does search; looking from here to there with all hope. The void of time fills with days - one onto another and the fading voice of his whisper and hers threaten this world empty of all love.
 
Rolling from the past an eternal darkness sweeps against the faces of all those that are and will be. So, this is my plea; the one thing that I ask of you for me. My walk grows weary and my sight grows dim; the song of my whisper falls and slowly now fades. So, please my friends: if you see the girl �" her whispers slow fade; give her this phrase: “My whisper and yours once bonded our fate; so my search has not ended �" the story not closed; my whisper does whisper to yours and your soul.”

© 2013 dexlinx


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on May 18, 2013
Last Updated on May 18, 2013

Author

dexlinx
dexlinx

Eugene, OR



Writing
Wooden Bench Wooden Bench

A Poem by dexlinx


Lifes Kiss Lifes Kiss

A Poem by dexlinx