I have a bad day

I have a bad day

A Chapter by David Graham

I felt the cold air whipping across me and the pull of gravity upon my body. It felt like I was falling in slow motion. I turned and looked down and saw a 1,000 foot drop onto sharp rocks. I looked up and saw a shadowy figure. I couldn't make out his face, appearance, or anything-just this big malicious smile that sent chills down my body. I felt an agonizing pain and turned to see a large dagger in my side. It was surrounded with my own blood, soaking the grey sweatshirt that had been very new a couple of hours ago. I had never seen so much of my own blood before. I dipped my hand in my blood and stared at it. I felt numb. Time sped up and I felt the sudden drop in my stomach. There was an odd sensation. I never thought about death, where I would be when it came calling or what it would feel like. The feeling wasn’t hope or peace. Maybe… surrender? 

It seemed like hours had passed before I dared to look down to see those sharp rocks coming towards me very quickly now. I felt no fear, no acceptance, only that weird non-sensation. I closed my eyes and prepared for those rocks to end it all. I felt the first spike enter my body slowly tearing through clothes, my flesh, nerve endings and… 

“Hello Alex!” 

I jumped out of my chair and papers went flying. My book on medieval medicine flew a couple of feet away from my desk and onto the floor making a loud thud. Within seconds, all eyes were on me and the idiot who had woken me. After making sure that I wasn’t having a heart attack, I looked up at this guy who hadn’t been at my table before I drifted off to sleep. 

He was a bit on the overweight side, thick glasses, and he was wearing crocs, camouflage shorts, and an oversized puke pink button up shirt. I think he was that obnoxious guy in economics who knew all the answers. He would constantly hit on the other girls in class, sometimes giving out inappropriate gifts. Yay, definitely   the person I wanted to see after my very disturbing dream.

“Oh hello, I don’t think we have met. I’m Alex.”

“Yes! Alex I know who you are! My name is Todd see?”  

He pointed to the plastic name tag on his shirt. It was one of those colorful ones with a smiley face on the edge and a ‘Hello! My name is….’ 

“Oh well hello. Todd. What exactly do you want because I have to get home soon.” 

I tried to stuff my books and papers back into my bag to show that I was leaving. 

“Oh, well, see I was wondering if maybe..”

 He started to blush and sweat profusely. I wanted to vomit. I didn’t want to be seen within 100 miles of this guy.  I picked up the speed, resorting to throwing my papers and books into my bag.

“Look Todd it was nice meeting you really it was, but I’m very sorry I really do need to get back home. I have a friend…”

“Do you want to go out with me!” He interrupted me before I could make my escape

I stopped stuffing things in my bag “ look Todd I’m very sorry but no. Its just that it’s not a good idea. I don’t know you. This is the first time we’ve spoken together. Just to be honest though, I’m really not attracted to you and if I was, you would know I don’t do relationships with anyone” 

He was just too creepy for my tastes. I had heard plenty of horror stories from other girls on campus. I thought that would be it, I said my piece, rejected him, and expected him to walk out with his tail between his legs. But, to my utter shock, this  did not happen and I was unfortunate to be stuck with a wierdo guy who would just not take a hint.

“I know you don’t! Thats what a lot of people say about you! But you should see that I’m better than any relationship you would ever have or had! I’m a genius, I’m a true romantic, and I’m rich! I’d be a fantastic boyfriend to you. We could be a power couple you and I! I’m smart and you're hot! I could woe you with all my knowledge about the female anatomy.”  He winked at me.

 A fury came over me that started to build till it was close to exploding

“You sniveling m**********r! Is that all I am to you? A hot a*s? Turn your pale-colored a*s around and don’t you ever f*****g look at me again or I’ll pop you in your fragile know-it-all little mouth!” 

I was so disgusted! I had never been spoken to in such a way! I wanted to wash out my ears with the sound of such horrors! And Sarah always asked me why I never trusted guys. 

“B..But you're supposed to say yes! I was able to get Cecilia and she’s hotter then you!” 

The anger started to burn even brighter in me but I tried to suppress it. Best not start a scene in here. I mentally put him on my s**t list so Sarah could beat the s**t out of him later. I had to get out of here before I throttled that sniveling little b*****d. I turned to leave pulling all those prying little eyes toward me.

“I have a gift!” the idiot yelled toward me. I slowly turned toward him. He held up an expensive looking box. He slowly opened the box raising his eyebrows up and down, giving me  the ‘I want you eyes’. Inside was a voucher for a night at a very expensive, very fancy hotel and two condoms . He walked up toward me, put his lips next to my ear and whispered “for later tonight” softly biting my earlobe.

Anger exploded inside of me like a volcano. I couldn’t contain it. I couldn’t think rationally, passions overwhelming me

So I did the only thing I could think of; I reared back and punched him, hard, in his smug little face. His head whipped around and he fell back a few steps holding his jaw, blood dripping from his lips

“ Don’t you f*****g touch me you c**t! Don’t you dare put your hands anywhere on my personal body. Plus you have a f*****g girlfriend! You are not going to use me like that! And another thing! Is that all we are to you?  A f*****g object you can put your tiny little dick in? You think I care if you're rich?” 

I spit on his face as I shot him the finger.

“F**k you, Todd!” 

Todd straightened up and wiped the blood from his mouth.

 “I heard through the grapevine about that fake c**t of a boyfriend you had. Rob was it? I heard he cheated on you and you ran away like a little girl. So, now when you meet a real man, like me, you spit in his face. That is a real no-no, missy. But I can forgive you, all you girls think with your emotions. So let me change your mind and let me overwhelm you with a reminder how romantic and awesome I am.” Before I could resist he grabbed me by the waist and forced me to kiss him. We were in the middle of the library, with only a scattering of people. I felt violated, dirty, and it was disgusting. He attempted to stick his tongue down my throat and I could taste nasty, unbrushed teeth. I felt eyes of disgust on me from the people that had been watching. I stood in shock as he pressed me closer, unable to move, think, or act.. Finally I got my senses back when his hand moved to my breasts, slowly squeezing. I bit his tongue, hard, and kneed him in the groin. He went town like a bag of bricks with a whimper. I followed that up by a kick to the face, stomach, and finished it up with a harder kick to the groin again. I spat on his whimpering, defeated, pervy body. 

The few people in the library who had been watching my whole ordeal looked at me with an awkward silence. I shot them an angry glance. Trying. and succeeding, to hide the tears in my eyes “What? Who else wants to f**k with me today?” I yelled. They quickly returned to their books. 

I grabbed my bag and ran out into the hallway. Once I was sure I was alone I sobbed. I slid down the wall releasing all the anxiety, frustration and raw emotions that had overcome me during my encounter with Todd. That b*****d! I felt violated in so many ways! He just couldn’t take no for an answer! I felt somewhat ashamed,  like it was my fault, that I had brought this on! I was just wearing a t-shirt and a flower printed skirt that day, but what if it was too short? Too revealing? I just wanted to keep my mouth shut about this and forget all about it. I wiped the tears from my eyes and stood up. This had happened but I was not going to let the guilt define me. It was his fault, and his fault alone not mine. I turned to walk toward the study hall area. I hadn’t finished my book yet and I was not going to go back to the library and I did not want to face Sarah yet. As soon as I turned the corner, I turned just in time to see another man hurtling toward me. I didn’t have time to react or breathe before he barreled into me bouncing me off the wall and onto the floor. Both of our bags went skittering to the floor. All I had time to see of him was a scar above his eye in the shape of a diamond before he grabbed a bag and ran off. 

“Hey! Watch where you're going a*****e!” I screamed at him but he had already disappeared.

Moments later another man rushed off in the same direction. I tried to stand up but my leg had been sprained, so I pushed myself up against the wall, grabbed my bag and walked toward my dorm. I had enough of this fucked up day.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The man in the black hood walked into the dimly lit room. He kneeled at the large alter of a statue of a demon with empty black eyes. He closed his eyes and focused. Immediately the smell of incense overpowered him and he fell into an almost dream like trance, his thoughts lazily floating across the floor playing with the hallucinations and colors. The man disliked this place, the feeling of vulnerability that this cursed incense brought, but he especially hated the occupant of these sacred halls. But it was all necessary to achieve all they fought for. Without warning a voice spoke from the darkness beyond the alter. 

“HAVE YOU COLLECTED THE SHARD?” 

The voice was like ether, muddling the man’s mind and weaving thoughts around his mind like a snake. The man in black shook his head trying to clear his mind. “WHERE IS THE SHARD?” The voice once again hissed, racking the man with thoughts not of his own.

 “I’m sorry my lord, but a problem we had not anticipated has arisen” 

The snake in his mind tightened causing the man even more discomfort 

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE WAS A PROBLEM?” 

The snake in his mind tightened even farther, causing him to fall to his hands. He let out sharp, shallow breaths trying to capture thoughts. 

“It…wasn’t…my…doing my lord….it was… Ezekiel” 

The snake released in his mind and thoughts flooded back into him. 

“BRING HIM TO ME!” The temple shook reverberating the doors and beyond. The man felt a psychic energy blast through the building. The man closed his eyes and enjoyed what little thinking he could do, before a gust of wind blew into the temple and he felt the presence of another. A voice spoke next to him

 “My lord I come as you call” 

The man lifted his head and watched the new man. He wanted to see the full power of the lord. It started with a twitch, some shaking, and without warning the man screamed in agony, blood poured from every orifice of his body. The blood poured from the body into the alter, causing the eyes of the statue to shine. Ezekiel fell, dead, drained of every ounce of blood. The eyes of the statue dimmed back to black. The voice once again hissed 

“NOW GO AND DO NOT ALLOW ANY MORE ‘PROBLEMS’” 

“As you wish” 

The man in black retreated back through the doors, touching water from the jug onto the diamond above his eyebrow.



© 2017 David Graham


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 2, 2017
Last Updated on July 2, 2017
Tags: bad day, shard, fantasy, female-lead


Author

David Graham
David Graham

San Antonio, TX



About
I am a new writing attempting to write my own novel. Please have a read of my works and let me know what you think! more..

Writing