Ulterior Motives

Ulterior Motives

A Story by eatmills

It was all awash, the pain of the ulterior motives unseen, slain me in the darkest hour.  The blood seeps from my brain through my eyes.  Rivulets of red tears streaming down, collecting in pools beside, my fallen vessel.  This wasn’t the way it was meant to be.  I told them as such.  S**t, no single person is here to witness the tortures that I have seen.  I have the wisdom to see beyond the grave, to see the nothingness that awaits me.  Us!  I chased you through the shadows, hunting you down like a hunter… No like a pig…  Greedily, I feasted on you terrors and sadness.  You were tasty just as you were pathetic.  It started with lust then it became a need but you were too easy to find, too easy to take down, too easy to destroy.

 

You had an ulterior motive that I didn’t see.  You death would be my undoing!  How dare you beat me at my own game!  I congratulate you.  I realize now why it was all too easy.

I was a fool!  Lust had been my downfall.  My brain!  The pain, a slow torturous death.  I will have the last laugh for; I will endure the pain where others would cry for mercy.  I will ask for none.  I do not seek your pity, your empathy, your love.

 

The darkness grows.  I am cold.  The world shakes around me celebrating my end.  The giver of life laughs, taking back what he has given to me.  What he has given to me?  Ha!!  What I have taken which was rightfully mine in the first place.  I feel it being drained.  The weariness grows and I have fallen.  The ground will soon open to take this empty vessel back.  Nothing was mine.  I have taken everything. 

 

I wonder if truly there is a god.  What could have all that I have contrived and accomplished mean?  You with the ulterior motive.  You who hath destroyed me.  What is it that you tried to tell me?  Quick, the darkness has almost embraced me.  What is it that you wanted me to see?  I don’t understand.  What did you say?  Why?  I will follow you and hunt you down again.  I will be the one with the ulterior motive.  You will tell me all that I want to know.

 

The dark cold embrace of death surrounds me.  I shall see you soon.  I promise with my last breath.

© 2012 eatmills


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very dark and macabre. i sense the narrator is sadistic and proud. and pride must have been his weakness to have been caught off guard. and perhaps it also drives him to capture his prey again. excellent story.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 14, 2011
Last Updated on January 8, 2012

Author

eatmills
eatmills

mississauga, ontaio, Canada



About
What do you want to know? I listen to surf, punk, metal, pop, techno, actually all music. Favourite Writers - William S Burroughs, Philip K Dick, Raymond Chandler, Stephen King, Edgar Allen Poe.. more..

Writing
Engine 9 Engine 9

A Poem by eatmills