a spectre resurrected

a spectre resurrected

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto


a spectre resurrected 

 

 

four ghosts in Ohio

fill empty seats in a classroom

where nothing was really learned

 

and militia danced into a blue horizon

guns cocked and loaded

with idealistic triggers taped to their

itchy fingers

 

their books lie dormant

gathering the dust of delusion

ammo for the emulsified movement

 

nothing came of it

in the end,

the matter was simply contents

in a book of unresolved motion

 

that became hard bound inertia

and unread lines between the lines.

 

 

 

erin-cilberto

8/1/15

© 2015 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Jacob,

Sadly, in today's so called modernized of ease technological world, many things appear a possible threats of regret that resulted in death for others, suddenly whitewashed and cloaked as benign apparitions of stitches Zitchen's britches of that 12th Planet that is said to not exist, but soon shall some day soon in premiering at a neighborhood all too close to you, maybe even that of your own front, or back, yard, with you given the finger which is not a 21 gun salute of rolled away totally astray and irresolute of having tried to stand as a man and not a donkey a*s mute to find 'tis high time that all individuality of Human Kind has become a point of reference of in-deference as life tragically, sadistically moot ...

My Dad never utter a word about his tour of duty in Korea ... I never had a clue ... But when he died, up shows up a military group and gives him a 21 gun salute ... I guess some things are truly better left unsaid ... But, I'll always wish he had ... But, he just couldn't relive it, anymore ...

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

jacob erin-cilberto

6 Months Ago

it would be so difficult to relive that...But he was brave and fought for his country with pride in .. read more



Reviews

worthy remembrance of a tragic event. great opening " four ghosts in Ohio
fill empty seats in a classroom."
I fully believe the intent of those young people was sincere and for some reason the end was unimagined , not so, regrettable, today such ends are anticipated, wonder if that will cause hesitation, rightly so I expect. Theirs was a generation that anticipated positive change, hope that hasn't gone by the wayside.
"I want to know what became of the changes
We waited for love to bring
Were they only the fitful dreams
Of some greater awakening?"
- Jackson Browne
thanks for the excellent post - carl

Posted 6 Months Ago


Bringing rocks to a gunfight is never a laudable example of good sense. But those young college hormones and excitable sensitivities can cause trouble in all sorts of ways. But if you corner an opponent and advance on them, you generally do so to your own detriment. Having faith in the constant goodwill of your fellow man is about as wise as stumbling around a precipice; it's only a matter of time.

Posted 6 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Months Ago

So, a slingshot is out of the question? Shucks.
Your response makes me think of the old King.. read more
FGFRANKLIN

6 Months Ago

I was thinking "Smackwater Jack" by Carole King. "You can't talk to a man with a shotgun in his hand.. read more
Jacob,

Sadly, in today's so called modernized of ease technological world, many things appear a possible threats of regret that resulted in death for others, suddenly whitewashed and cloaked as benign apparitions of stitches Zitchen's britches of that 12th Planet that is said to not exist, but soon shall some day soon in premiering at a neighborhood all too close to you, maybe even that of your own front, or back, yard, with you given the finger which is not a 21 gun salute of rolled away totally astray and irresolute of having tried to stand as a man and not a donkey a*s mute to find 'tis high time that all individuality of Human Kind has become a point of reference of in-deference as life tragically, sadistically moot ...

My Dad never utter a word about his tour of duty in Korea ... I never had a clue ... But when he died, up shows up a military group and gives him a 21 gun salute ... I guess some things are truly better left unsaid ... But, I'll always wish he had ... But, he just couldn't relive it, anymore ...

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

jacob erin-cilberto

6 Months Ago

it would be so difficult to relive that...But he was brave and fought for his country with pride in .. read more
Jacob,

You can tell a fool by the foolish things he/she does ... And, according to Country Music Artist, Steve Wariner, "Some Fools Never Learn."

Marve

Posted 6 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Months Ago

yes, some never do.
thanks, Marve,
j.
Then I went to look and he was right on top!

Posted 2 Years Ago


Hard bound inertia. Love it! Felt like I got a lesson in physics. Wonder what the Noodle thought of this one?

Posted 2 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

2 Years Ago

thank you, William....I remember when SIU ended up closing because of what happened there.
al.. read more
oh jacob! your title and first line hit me like a ton of emotive bricks ..damn!! the times so different and yet not ...but the passion of the youth back then really did hold the high ground ..senseless war and government double speak ... baby boomers outnumbered them all and the war ended ... everyone was wounded at Kent State that day and I am surprised how your poem re-opens that wound in me ... I wasn't present physically but I was with them just the same ... well timed remembrance sir ..we should all take a step back and do some serious soul searching ...
E.

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

i wasn't there physically either, E. but at SIU we felt the repercussions and percussions...and sch.. read more
erin-cilberto,
In "a spectre resurrected" I feel the pain within the desire for relief; looking to find relief from what needs to be rectified. protest that turned against. Your chosen thought process and word choice gave this person a new revelation into this period of time and place. Hard to read, to think. so bless you for this tribute. Kathy

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

it definitely was a period that had its moments, good and bad...but mostly good because people got t.. read more
A truly talented gifted writer penned this piece....nicely inked!

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your very kind words, Jane.

j.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

396 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 2, 2015
Last Updated on August 2, 2015

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


RED RED WINE RED RED WINE

A Poem by Vol


RAPT RAPT

A Poem by Vol