intervals of movement

intervals of movement

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto

intervals of movement

 

 

 

sifting fingers through your wispy locks

arrested my interest

 

the scent of your eyes

incited a riot in my heart

a mob of emotions

protesting,

 

each time

we stopped Marching

to the beat

of our love.

 

 

 

 

erin-cilberto

2/4/16

© 2016 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I got here too late Jacob, all my insights have already been insightfully stated!!! damn... but I do want to register a "protest" and have a demand to go with it - more Jacob, more heart beats and "arresting" interests, more fingers in "wispy locks".... okay, i'm old and getting tired of marching so I am now going to wage a sit-in... ;0)

Jacob your poetry always reflect your creative mind (and heart)!!!

redzone

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

ha ha...thank you, Curt...appreciate your words and the smile this morning...

j.
The poem reads of momentum without actually saying it. It reads of inevitability when a catalyst meets a base and very thing tumbles to the balance of a natural equation.
Musical poetry!

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

you are so spot on with your philosophies in your reviews...thank you, David.
j.
You have me thinking about the pauses between the movements. Very romantic.

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you, Witty...appreciate your words.
j.
WittyWonka

8 Years Ago

You are welcome, Jacon
Effective piece of writing. Particularly appreciate the way you've broken the phrases to deliver an impact, a tempo of strength at each break.

Thanks for sharing. As always, reading it has been a pleasure.
Best,
M.

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your very kind words, Mallika...

j.
Beautiful metaphor and Lydia wrote the perfect review so I can only second what she said.

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your words, Carolynn.

j.
Pheromones...."the scent of your eyes"....I believe chemistry between two people has a lot to do with touch and smell. When the heart races, it's hard to pay attention to that protesting mob. Splendid metaphor. Lydi**

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

i like your clever insights...and yes, hard to pay attention.

thank you,
j.
"the scent of your eyes"...What an interesting metaphor...scents being some of our most powerful memory/sensory tools...a perfume or a spice can linger in our minds for years on end. One must wonder if the lady in question halts to protest or surrender. But in case of the former point, "The lady doth protest too much methinks" Always a pleasure to read your offerings Jacob.

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your insightful words, Fabian...i really appreciate your visits.

j.
Goodness!!!!!!! a very powerful and lovely romantic poem sir.....absolutely beautiful

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you, Mary

j.
Mary Helda

8 Years Ago

you are welcome
Those inner demonstrations can get out of hand.
Poignant, metaphorical and eloquent, Professor J.

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your kind words, Jimmy,
j.
Romantic write jacob of impeccable style that can only impress!

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you, andrew..

j.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 6, 2016
Last Updated on February 6, 2016

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing