Love

Love

A Poem by FK

Love is that first click between two people. That feeling when you see someone for the first time and you just know they are going to mean something in your life. Play a crucial role. Help you in finding yourself. Love never starts off as love. It starts as a click. A spark. A connection. This connection is not found between many people. You know you are in love when that person is the only thing you think about. Day and night. Everything is about them. Love, then becomes everything you experience with that person. From the first kiss. The first time you two hold hands. The first date. The first look into their dreamy eyes. The first horrifying embarrassment that never leaves your minds. Love also becomes being there for each other. This “love” is not only a feeling, but moreso a commitment. By loving someone, you commit to being their shoulder to cry on. To listening to those 4am rants. To losing endless hours of sleep just to make sure they don’t fall asleep without a smile on their face. One must devote a phase in their life into loving someone. Love is much more than a physical connection. It’s those eyebrow raises to one another when you awkwardly catch each other staring. It’s gazing at the stars wondering how you became so lucky. It’s not being able to go a day without seeing them. It’s those daily goodnight calls and good morning texts. It’s making sure they eat. It’s taking care of them through their ups and downs. It’s being their shelter, the place they can go for any and all calamities. It’s randomly texting long meaningful messages that do not allow you to show them how much you love them. It’s being someone’s need. It’s beating in sync with their heart. It’s knowing the viscosity of the blood rushing through their veins. However, be wary, my friends, of getting attached to this “love” �" for one day it can all change into heartbreak.

 

-               FK

© 2017 FK


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on September 22, 2017
Last Updated on September 22, 2017
Tags: love, heart, break, romance

Author

FK
FK

Canada



Writing
Heartbreak Heartbreak

A Poem by FK