Heartbreak

Heartbreak

A Poem by FK

The feeling when the world is about to come crashing down. The feeling when you have no one to talk to. The walls cave in. The world seems dark. Loneliness is but a norm. Every promise seems fake. Every kiss feels empty. Life just doesn’t feel the same. The feeling of betrayal crushes your heart. The talks of the future haunt you as the cold, dark world brings back all of those memories. You reminisce the moments you spent together. Long for their presence by your side. Who knows if this feeling will ever fade. Heartbreak is when the boy rises in front of his peers and his eyes water when he mentions her name and shrugs his shoulders to only whisper, “Sometimes things just don’t work out.” You spend chilling nights pondering as to what you did wrong, if they’ll ever come back, and worst of all �" if they still think about you. But they broke you. They crushed that precious heart of yours. The organ that gives you life, was crushed by this cruel human being. So why do you still love them? I ask myself this question everyday, and an have yet to declare an answer. Heartbreak makes you lose faith in this world. Makes you question every loved ones’ actions. Such a cruel thing that God has created for the human being to experience. You convince yourself that you do not love them. That you are over them. That they are nothing but a small chapter in this phenomenon of a novel you are writing every day. However, what happens when you see them for the first time in months. Do you feel the blood getting cold as it rushes through your veins? Do you feel your heart beating faster? Does your head suddenly feel an excess in pressure? Do you get that feeling where something, you don’t know what that something is, but something just feels wrong? Like you are you and they are them and there is no us? Do you feel like this is the moment the world will end? Makes sense. The worst part is that one person, out of the vast population of this planet, one person does all that to your body in a split second. We’ve all fallen victim to this feeling. But the feeling is normal. The feeling will fade. When that will happen remains still a mystery. And once you have conquered this cruel adversity entitled heartbreak, you can conquer any hardship life brings you �" for heartbreak is the worst of all.  

-               FK

 

© 2017 FK


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on September 22, 2017
Last Updated on September 22, 2017
Tags: love, heart, break, romance

Author

FK
FK

Canada



Writing
Love Love

A Poem by FK