The Way It Happens.

The Way It Happens.

A Story by Fear Corrupts!


     

                            [  The Way It Happens  ]          

   

        It came to me the way most things come to everyone in life - out of nowhere. In no way, what so ever, can anyone predict the path that we shall take in life, or the obstacles that we are to encounter while heading down that path. In this case, I had literally hit an obstacle, in my car, driving down the freeway, the 467 westbound. I was having a pleasant conversation with Jennifer one minute, while the next thing I knew a large bull moose had jumped out from the dark country side onto the highway in front of us. Crash. 
 
The moose had died instantly, it was such a shame too - we never really saw moose too often in the state of Pennsylvania. But what was more horriffic, was the fact that I had chosen to take that path, to drive down that freeway, to decide to take my girl friend out for icecream, at that very time of that very night. I broke my left arm in the accident, & Jennifer broke her upper vertabra. Jennifer had also injured her head, severely, & was rushed to the hospital quicker than I could imagine. Three days after the accident, & two days after Jennifer was told by the reluctant doctor that she was paralyzed from the neck down, & one day after Jennifer died from severe brain & spinal trauma, I began to seriously, seriously, doubt the world for what it was. 

 

Why, of all people, would God choose to take my Jennifer- a kind, brilliant, innocent, harmless, girl?
Is there even a God, or is God only a hope for our own loses? I had asked to myself. To this very day, I do not believe in God, or destiny, or any higher power for that matter. I believe that whatever happens, happens, & maybe not for a reason. Maybe I could of saved Jennifer's life, or maybe I can just leave it at what it is and accept the fact that she is gone now, and there is nothing that I can do about it.
Two lives were lost that night, in the accident, and nobody saw it coming. My life will never be the same, some things are impossible to restore, which is why I'm doing what I'm doing now - all I can do now is deal with what happened, the way in happened, move on, & try to prepare myself for what is to come.

© 2009 Fear Corrupts!


Author's Note

Fear Corrupts!
This IS NOT a personal story - nope just a random story that I created to meet the criteria of a writing contest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I this is your story, I'm terrible sorry for your loss(I don't want to assume). But I completely understand your questioned faith and your story. You're gonna have people try to explain it to you. They're gonna try and explain God and destiny, etc., but only you can find those answers within.

Wonderful story and you told it very well with a structured but open-ended ending. Perfect.....

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Heart wrenching, to lose a love, random death, for unseen purpose, there's more to it then just randomness though, there's a reason for death, appreciation of life. That persons life, and your own. Some force telling us to enjoy life, just for the fact that we exist. To live for it, and the future of all life, that's the lock. Not living for the end is the key.

Posted 14 Years Ago


really good, it's completely touching and believable. if you hadn't said it wasn't true I totally would have thought it was. excellent job, keep writing! :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I felt as though this were a personal story, as I read it. I can relate to it as I lost my son to a tragic car accident recently. A very sad writing, very well penned. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

your title is befitting. that is the way it happens. we never can fully understand why things like these do happen, usually to the best, kindest of people. i like this story. things like this happen to people each day & i think at some point or another in everyone's life, they wonder about such things, question their faith, & most of us do lose our belief in god, in goodness. it's short and to the point. i love how you begin it, almost subtly, how it comes out of nowhere, crashes into this person, completely changes him, perhaps even destroys the person he was, destroys his belief in god. the storyline itself is a dark one. i think you could probably throw in a few more darker adjectives, imagery, make it a tad bit darker than it is now to really bring your point across, as this incident most likely changes the character in this story dramatically, taking him from carefree to utterly faithless and hopeless, wondering what his future will bring after his tremendous loss. i would say keep it short, sometimes less is more, in this case i think the shortness of it really makes this story. the only advice is to add a bit more darker imagery to it, give us a little more depth into the main character, who he was, who he becomes. or leave it as it is. it's a very interesting story & it kept my attention with that first line all the way up until the end. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I this is your story, I'm terrible sorry for your loss(I don't want to assume). But I completely understand your questioned faith and your story. You're gonna have people try to explain it to you. They're gonna try and explain God and destiny, etc., but only you can find those answers within.

Wonderful story and you told it very well with a structured but open-ended ending. Perfect.....

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

365 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2009
Last Updated on March 15, 2009

Author

Fear Corrupts!
Fear Corrupts!

Wastedville, Canada



About
''Often what defines one's wisdom is not what one knows, but what one can predict " "Don't let other people determine your actions or alter your personality. Your reputation belongs to you, and is .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..