I Hate Straight Girls

I Hate Straight Girls

A Poem by G Warren
"

A poem about straight women

"
I hate when they smile and the room looks brighter.
I hate when they laugh and everything sounds peaceful.
I hate when their eyes burn with love and passion and beauty.
I hate when they walk towards you and you feel your heart beat faster.
I hate when they say something sweet but it's wrong, it doesn't mean what you want it to mean, it's what you want to hear but it's off.

I hate when she talks and I find myself smiling more than I have in months.
I hate when I look at her touch her hair and I see it flow like silk.
I hate when I hear her voice like smooth waves hitting soft sand.
I hate when she cares and I can see something more from the corner of my eye but it's not real.
I hate when she touches me and I have to recoil because it's what I've always done, because that's how I am towards everyone, because she has to be everyone.

Maybe the straight girl isn't the one I hate;
Maybe it's the girl who isn't.

© 2016 G Warren


Author's Note

G Warren
While I do welcome some criticism do not be too harsh as this is a very personal piece.
Some technically wrong things are used purposely.
If anyone knows of a good image that I can associate with this poem message me!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ah, the classic falling for a straight girl experience. We've all been there. Last line really hits home and the whole poem evokes memories from my past about struggling with not only the straight crushes but the pain experienced by SGA folks coming to terms with who we are.
Brilliant. Would love to see this in my LGBT contest.

Oh, and dabble in digital art and if you ever would like to consult with me on what sort of image you'd like to go with this piece, shoot me a message. I'd love to work with you on it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I felt this way about a girl who claimed she was bi, but then left me for a boy that I know isn't good for her.

Posted 7 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah, the classic falling for a straight girl experience. We've all been there. Last line really hits home and the whole poem evokes memories from my past about struggling with not only the straight crushes but the pain experienced by SGA folks coming to terms with who we are.
Brilliant. Would love to see this in my LGBT contest.

Oh, and dabble in digital art and if you ever would like to consult with me on what sort of image you'd like to go with this piece, shoot me a message. I'd love to work with you on it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 10, 2016
Last Updated on May 10, 2016
Tags: lgbt, romance, poetry, pansexual

Author

G Warren
G Warren

NY



About
Avatar not made by me more..

Writing
Being Me Being Me

A Poem by G Warren


Untitled Untitled

A Story by G Warren