Healing

Healing

A Poem by G. K. Bostic

You wrap wounds of childhood

Bound with gauze of guilt

And hide from their pain.

Yet they fester

Until, having enough,

You pull the ribbon

That looses that box of pain,

And confronting the ugliness,

You dip your soul

Into cleansing truth.

In time

You see the world

And all the stars above

Clearly

As you swing free

From the chains

Of the past.


©1998

 

 

Tenth in Hopeing Forever

© 2011 G. K. Bostic


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful poem. I just wish the wounds would just heal and you would only bare slight scar where they used to be instead of you having to go through all the pain of having the open wounds get infected..

Posted 13 Years Ago


To find such release is not easy! It is paramount to moving on though, stunning poem love xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


Releasing oneself from the past is actually that point in life where you realize you don't need to live feeling guilt for anything...nice work...

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
very dark!! brilliantly written and a great consistent structure! great read!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ron
Original subject matter. Matter of deep truth! Like the buried thorn that is pushed out of the skin. Ugly and messy but out! So refreshing to see work of value and away, free, from twittering lost loves!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a interesting analogy. I kind of like it. Although my experience has been that when you rip the gauze off a festering would it rips the top right off too. But then that also fits with the festering wounds of the mind.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the visual look of the poem as well as what someone else mentioned, the imagery and word choice, the ribbon on the box of pain, gauze of guilt, to name a couple.. Actually, the more I think about the poem, the more I get from it.
"You dip your soul.." conjures the image of water... and then you mention the stars above... and lastly, there is swinging, which evokes for me, either a child swinging on a swing, and the freedom, and fear that may face doing so..
or like a monkey, swinging from branch to branch.. these images for me, work very well with my impression of your poem.. anyways, just thought i would share that!
I love it! Good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Words of hope to those that are healing. To confront the pain in order to heal are wise words. Very well written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this poem very much! the way you described the pain and then the breaking free! Well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


liberating beauty~

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

556 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 20, 2010
Last Updated on January 21, 2011

Author

G. K. Bostic
G. K. Bostic

PA



About
Retired Special Education Teacher & Supervisor, Writer of poetry and Nanowrimo novel, wife, mother, grandmother, and lover of country. I can be found at www.gkbostic.com Update: Since I wrote this .. more..

Writing
Unseen Unseen

A Poem by G. K. Bostic



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Poem A Poem

A Poem by Sean Allen