The Black Suitcase (Letter to Children)

The Black Suitcase (Letter to Children)

A Story by Godo Jobadze

Yesterday I died. It happened quit unexpectedly. I was trying to be careful, but probably it must have happened. I shouldn’t have taken so much care about the black suitcase… That would be good it I understand immediately.

I’ll tell you how it happened… You should know the details of my own story, but I’m sure that you are not interested in… I realized it only then when I was firstly found dead… Nevertheless I’ll tell you about it, because now I feel nothing and this story doesn’t move me at all. I thought that I was facing the most challenging life problems. I got dizzy while thinking about finding the way out of the situation I felt as if the weather intruded into my thought, cold raindrops were falling directly on my heart and it was trying helplessly to make me up and blur my sadness. Deafening rumble was heard into my ears as dangerous threat and the winding lighting in the sky; which was ramifying into my body as a grief. Each movement became mechanical… I chained the black suitcase to my right arm with handcuffs, the rain became intense, black clouds darkened the sky and deafening rumble made the feeling of threat more intense. I frequently used to check trustfulness of handcuffs and I was observing smooth wet road attentively through the wind screen where raindrops flooding into small spring. It seemed as if clock arrow was intentionally rotating much faster than earlier. That’s why I thought that I wouldn’t be able to make it in time and I mixed the speed and carefulness to each other. Do you remember I used to tell that carefulness and speed couldn’t be matched together!.. I admit I didn’t know that I used to say then, I played with those unconscious empty words due to the sense of obligation. Exactly when stirring the wheel had no sense and there was the only chance for me to put my face into my hands and await… When I skidded on the road, only then I realized that my hands had strongly grabbed the stirring wheel and they didn’t cover my face. I opened my eyes only then when the glass rubbles hit my face and when my own bones clashed each other the strong pain pierced my breast. then I closed my eyes forever I was rather difficult to have a farewell to human feeling, but still I was able do it and you helped me great deal… The blazing feelings were devastated because of your indifference… Thank you, but you calmed my soul down! Thank you that you enabled me to adjust the time dimension rapidly. Now for me the word “rapidly” doesn’t exist; whole universe, human’s fate is complete and simultaneous… I have no words how to explain it differently…

Everything might happen differently while entering the hospital if previously you had asked about your father and not about the black suitcase… Probably my soul would be suffering for a long time, but your behavior hurt my soul only once… Strongly, unexpectedly, but what is important, lastly…

I understood…

You are the others… you are his children, whose cold body is being taken care by your pretending sincerity.

Now I am completely free..! This letter is last calling of my oppressed soul. I lastly wand to consciously realize my thoughts… Probably I won’t be able to let you understand, because I am writing under the sun raise… These words will immediately reach you as soon as you wake up, open your eyes and perceive of the day light, but you will have no ability to read it…

© 2014 Godo Jobadze


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Captivating piece of writing...deep and thought provoking...

YB

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Godo Jobadze

9 Years Ago

Thank you, YB! Pleasure for me
Interesting piece of works and words great imagination and enough to make me think of where this was going when I first started to read it till the last sentence. The Black Suitcase a wonderful experience for the reader. Enjoy the works of your mind.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Godo Jobadze

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Jim! Your words goad me :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 18, 2014
Last Updated on July 18, 2014

Author

Godo Jobadze
Godo Jobadze

Surami, Georgia



Writing
Hole Hole

A Story by Godo Jobadze