I Don't Like You

I Don't Like You

A Story by goldfishgirl
"

A tale of ruined friendship

"

Please No CSS

You were my best friend.  Did you know that? I thought you did, I thought you felt the same way.

 

We shared everything, our hopes and reams.  You and I, we were the smart girls, the nerds.  We didn’t mind we were friends.

 

Then you told me you didn’t like me.  You didn’t like me.  Your dad didn’t like me.  Your gran didn’t like me.

 

I was crushed. We were friends, even if you didn’t like me how could you be so cruel?

 

Years later I met you again, I brought it up, what you said to me.  I tried to make it into a joke “hey do you remember that time you turned around and told me you didn’t like me?”

 

You didn’t remember, eventually you suggested drunkenness.

 

I pointed out that we were 9.

 

You changed the subject.

 

I know that it seems silly, it was so many years ago.  We were only children but still, the thought always haunts me.

 

Anytime I befriend someone I am always waiting for the day they turn around and tell me that they don’t like me.

 

Eventually I stopped making friends at all.

 

And now years later as I sit in my comfortable solitude of darkness and sarcasm I have only one more thought for you dear friend.

 

I don’t like you either.

© 2008 goldfishgirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow...brutal. Very well written. Even children can feel the betrayal of a 'friend' and be affected by it for life.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Lia
This is very emotional and honest. Great piece x

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 18, 2008

Author

goldfishgirl
goldfishgirl

Dundee, United Kingdom



About
Hi, I am an 18 year old girl who loves to write, generally a friendly person with some self esteem issue but then again who doesn't have that? Um can't think of anything more to say, writing about my.. more..

Writing
Innocent Innocent

A Story by goldfishgirl


Pain Pain

A Story by goldfishgirl



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..