Detached

Detached

A Poem by Isabelle Faye

Sometimes I wish for the sky to go grey,
for all my fear to just fall away.

I wish for a world all black and white,
where no one feels the need to fight.

I wish for a world a world away,
A world with no sorrow,
a world with no pain.

I wish for a world with my broken heart,
A world where I can not fall apart.

I wish for a world as bland as can be,
A world where no memories are haunting me.

But most of all,
I wish for escape.
I wish for the world to fade away.

© 2012 Isabelle Faye


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

So beautifully written, loved the this line:
I wish for a world as bland as can be,
A world where no memories are haunting me.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Isabelle Faye

11 Years Ago

Thank you. I'm very glad that you liked my poem.
I do too. You have such a deep way with words. You are an amzing poet:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is very touching and everyone can relate to this at one point of time in thier life. I always try to remember that if it was not for the pain and broken hearts then I would not truly know and enjoy the experiences of happiness.

We must walk through the fire to be refined at different points of our lives, but the blessings that await us on the other side is bigger and better than we can imagine.

The true testimony is how you handle the trials placed before you. Do you handle the problems with grace or do you scream and shout? Do you stick your head in the sand or do you try to find a solution?

The way you handle each problem reflects on the inner person that you are becomming and reveals your heart. It is also what many will remember about you.

Keep your head head, be strong, take the bull by the horns, and dig your heels in the dirt. Stand for what is right and do not turn away from your beliefs.

As a wise man once told me, let your conscience be your guide. I pray everything works out for you.

~~Sher

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is beautiful to read this poem and you touched my heart and soul.
Continue writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hey! This is such a nice piece and I could actually related with the feelings you were pouring out in here. The diction you used was just lovely, and it really enhanced the poem. The way you ended this poem was really good. Great job.

Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2012
Last Updated on June 15, 2012
Tags: depression, sad, end, loss

Author

Isabelle Faye
Isabelle Faye

About
Hi! My pen name is Isabelle Faye but you can call me Isabelle or Belle for short. I'm an under 18 year old writer from the United States. I write both poetry and books/novels but the latter tend to pr.. more..

Writing