The Letter

The Letter

A Story by Joey Johnson

 

My dearest Allison,
 
            I am writing you today for what may be my last time. If you get this like I have instructed then all is well and you will not be in any danger. The Prime Dictator himself has questioned me on yours and other key leaders’ whereabouts. Do not fret for I have not given anything up. All that it has cost me is my life. For I know that he will not stop haunting me. Let me first tell you how this came about.
            I was due to have breakfast at my dear Aunt’s house this last Sunday. As I was sitting down to a cup of her strongest coffee, General Henderson of the Hellion Army and around forty grunts came bursting in. My dearest Auntie will never be the same, for the grunts knocked several of her teeth out. Now she does look quite a bit like a Jack O’ Lantern. After deciding that my Aunt had nothing to do with the rebellion they ushered me away to the prison for questioning. Upon my arrival I was told that someone close to me had given up my name and others for amnesty. That day I was tortured by the kind General himself. On the following Monday it was a repeat of the day before. Since I had not given anything up to the General I was informed that the Prime Dictator himself would be paying me a visit. Sure enough he arrived later that day in all his evil glory! Yet he had a gory surprise with him, it was sad to say my dear Aunt’s head on a silver platter! The b*****d thought that this was bound to break me; along with hours of torture. He was filled with rage when I did not break and he ordered me put to death the following day. They however did not count on the guilty conscience of your backstabbing brother. He was given a job in the prison as a guard. He tried to explain to me why he did what he did, but he was caught talking with me by another guard and shot in front of me. I took advantage of this situation and grabbed your brother’s gun. Turning and rolling towards the guard standing in the doorway I fired, hitting him in his personals. He will never have any children! After what I would call a lucky gun battle ensued, I made a daring escape by leaping out a fifth floor window onto a passing truck. The driver being a Hellion ally I had no other choice but to kill him. I took his truck and under heavy fire made it to the country side where I dumped the truck. I then spent the next couple of days in hiding. That is when I made the realization that the Prime Dictator would not stop until I was dead.
            I have come up with a most ingenious of plans to slow down the spread of the Hellions. I cannot disclose it however for if this letter is intercepted by the Hellions I do not want it foiled, plus I cannot have any harm come to you. I am sending this with the young son of my friend Thomas, so as not to draw any attention to adults wondering the streets. I have given him instructions to leave it with you sister. Since she is blind she will not know it is from me. He is to tell you it is from your brother and that you need to wait to open it for a couple of days. I need you to understand that I cannot stand to be tortured again so I have no choice but to end my life. So my love; Allison this will be my last goodbye. I love you and hope that you will be okay. I pray that this letter reaches you in high spirits.       
         
                       Bombs Away,
                                                            Leon

© 2008 Joey Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the energy in this letter. It is a final letter but not soppy or sad like others but filled with excitement and adventure despite the torture and deaths. Leon, as it would seem, was not prepared to give up his last days to gloom. he died in high spirits even though there is an apparent small sadness within him.
bombs away and a big well done from me,
~Jazlean

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I would consider it rather unlikely that she would receive this letter in high spirits. It is a letter telling her that both her brother and the letter writer, obviously someont close to her, are dead. Not to mention that there appears to be a war going on.

I would suggest double-spacing between paragraphs, just for clarity and it will be easier to read.

Other than that, this is a well written letter story.

JBD

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well Iam still reading and intrigued by this story so I'm sticking to it even throuh the slower moving parts. So far it is well worth the read. Still a great story.
Debby

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very james bond or mission impossible... i enjoyed reading this...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

348 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 12, 2008

Author

Joey Johnson
Joey Johnson

Amarillo, TX



About
I enjoy writing. Never went to high school. I also hate it when people compliment what I do without seeing the end results or they are afraid they will hurt my feelings. more..

Writing
Faith Faith

A Poem by Joey Johnson


Decay Decay

A Poem by Joey Johnson


Twisted Twisted

A Poem by Joey Johnson



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fusing of Souls Fusing of Souls

A Poem by Bubo