Who Was He?

Who Was He?

A Poem by 1heartpub
"

This isn't a poem...just a portion of my newest book that SOUNDS like poetry. I do believe I will quote this saying often. I really like it.

"

He was Robin Hood pounding on the door of Capitalism and shooting her in the heart for forsaking the people who made her through Depression and Recession. He was Guy Fawkes lighting the fuse of Free-Thought before watching it take to the skies and explode in a burst of crimson, violet, and umber directly over Autocracy’s raft, ultimately drowning her at sea. He was America, boldly stepping up to face Oneness and proclaim her Independence by sending Great Britain running. That, of course, was America before she became Great Britain, or Rome, or Sumer, or Macedonia, or maybe even Egypt. America is, was, and always will be, all those and many more to come. And he was America. Demise, demise, demise.

© 2010 1heartpub


Author's Note

1heartpub
Let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I realy loved this piece, you've got a gift buddy you realy do. It sounds to me(I could be wrong of course) what you are trying to express is the price one pays when they try to enlighten humanity and offer a gift to the masses. Like when prometheus was cursed by the gods for giveing fire to man or Gahndi being killed for his beliefs. There is no money in progress, whether spiritual or social which is why the powers that be spend so much time trying to supress it. Keep up the good work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


all i know is that i really love this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Okay, I'm going to have to be the dissenter. It doesn't sound like poetry to me. I prefer a more standard form. And at first read I really didn't get the point of the 'poem'. At second read I had an inkling of where you may have been going, but there's too much symbolism for my weary brain to wade through. Sorry, Heart.

Posted 14 Years Ago


The way you use your words is refreshing. I love the different style of this piece. You have a lot of talent.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Woot! I know what umber is!! XD Yay. Lol. Great poem. I truly love it. Says a lot in just a few words.:)

--Blood

Posted 14 Years Ago


Striking actually. It is one of the few poems that is structured like a book (or rather text). It uses quite aq bit of metaphor and I dig the fact you make your reader think. Good work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This does sound an awful lot like poetry, but reads like a book. The first sentence got me hooked, which caused me to take great interest right away. I can't add much, nor take anything out. You use words to describe the great detail and imagery in this story in an absolutely brilliant way. There's not much else I can say. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow. really really interesitng and powerful way to use your words. very poetic and very...i dont know. i really enjoyed this.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2010
Last Updated on March 22, 2010

Author

1heartpub
1heartpub

Scottsboro, AL



About
My name is Alex Miller and I'm a published author. I published my first book, a memoir, in June of '07. Since then I've worked a great deal on my craft, drafting and redrafting scores of essays, poems.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5