Basketball Passion

Basketball Passion

A Poem by Courtney Elizabeth

As I race back and forth to each bace line, I finish, and my heart is pounding fast. He tosses the ball to me. I get to the foul line, line up my shot, and shot. I hear my team mates cheering for me. I miss the shot. I get back on the base line, I line up with my team mates beside me, He blows the ear peircing wistle and I take off. I look to my right and see one of my team mates dash past me. A gust of wind flies by. I speed up and catch up to her.  We reach the other base line, I touch it, and start sprinting as fast as my legs could carry me, back to the starting base line. I get there and a smile sprawls across my hot, sweating face. I start clapping to encourage my other team mates. He blows the wistle again, I take off doing the same routine. I run up and down the court once again.  I reach my starting point and let out a few big gasps of air.  I was out of breath, big time. with my hands above my head, coach tells us good job and we put out hands in the air. " BULLDOGS! "  My whole team yells at once. My heart still pounding. Not from all of the running, but for pride.  Pride and joy filld my heart and soul. I have never felt this much glory,  this much passion,  for the sport I loved the most. I knew from the start, that I have and always will have a passion for basketball.

© 2009 Courtney Elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on November 18, 2009

Author

Courtney Elizabeth
Courtney Elizabeth

Some Where Knew All The Time :'(, ME



About
The names Courtney. I love writing. Its like my passion. Along with basketball. But my world is all about my best friends. Blake, your amazing. i love how your always here for me when im in a tough si.. more..

Writing