Bunny and Brave Dino

Bunny and Brave Dino

A Story by H.L. Pauff

“Why bother bringing logic into this now?” Bunny asked as her floppy ears swayed in the misty breeze. She kept her hand cupped under her small triangular nose to prevent the raindrops from going up into her nostrils. “I mean, look at yourself.”

Rain drops fell upwards from the grass and pelted the surface of the orange body of water hovering in the white sky. Brave Dino looked at his reflection in the rippling water and sighed. His small furry stick-like legs trembled and threatened to buckle under the weight of his thick and scaly upper body.

“There’s a plan for all of this,” he said, scratching the end of his nose with a claw. “There is a pattern to the madness. Even there, look!”

Bunny’s gaze turned to the sky where stripes of colors were appearing, one after the other. First, red appeared then orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and finally violet. The resulting multi-colored bar shone even brighter than the red sun wearing dark sunglasses.

“Why those colors?” Brave Dino continued. “Is it a code? A glitch in the system? If we could assign a numerical value to each color, I think we could �"“

“Those are just random colors,” Bunny interrupted. “We are just pawns in a game beyond our understanding. Do we need to look for meaning? Can’t we just be happy? Just the two of us?”

Brave Dino’s eyes stayed fixed to shining bar until Bunny’s furry paw wrapped around his bony fingers and squeezed tightly. She greeted him with a smile when he turned his gaze away from the sky.

“You’re right,” he said. “I just get caught up in the mysteriousness of it all. I was so lonely before that yellow cylinder outlined you in the sky and you fell to me. I’m sorry. None of it matters as long as we have each other.”

© 2012 H.L. Pauff


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very sweeet, though I'm sure I'm not catching all its meaning.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

H.L. Pauff

11 Years Ago

It's quite an odd story I have to admit

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
1 Review
Added on December 5, 2012
Last Updated on December 5, 2012
Tags: fiction, flash fiction, bunny, dino, weird

Author

H.L. Pauff
H.L. Pauff

About
Writing my heart out. Find me on twitter: @hlpauff more..

Writing
Sappy-Eyed Sappy-Eyed

A Story by H.L. Pauff