Rain

Rain

A Story by holograms
"

Short drabble about a quiet moment concerning two people very much in love.

"

“Do you hear that?”


“What?”


“It’s raining.” Anna smiled.


Eli looked at her incredulously, smirk forming on his lips as his eyes quickly scanned her face in the dark and went back to the blackness of the ceiling.


“You like the rain?” he asked.


“It sounds so peaceful, don’t you think?” Her voice was small. She was whispering, knowing that they were supposed to be quiet as late as it was.


Eli whispered back, “yeah.”


She was laying on her back next to him, he on his back. They were inches apart, not touching. Before the raindrops started padding the rooftop, he could hear the faintness of her breathing. Each inhale felt like it was putting more life into him than it was her. The breath she exhaled was soft, and it carried his thoughts to how soft she was--her skin, her hair, her face, her voice. She seemed so fragile, but her insides were fire against his. She was perfect.


Suddenly, sensing his silence, she turned over in bed to face him, rustling the sheets over the hum of rain above them. Once settled, he felt her rest the bridge of her nose against the bare skin of his shoulder.


Eli closed his eyes and smiled, knowing she wouldn’t see how happy he was in the darkness.


He relished this moment with her, this intimacy. He hadn’t felt this for a long time, and never this strongly. What exactly had this brat done to his heart?


There was silence between them both then, a comfortable one. Another thing he cherished about this girl despite her outgoing and sometimes overly friendly personality, she knew when he liked the quiet. She knew how the quiet could be just as warm as conversation with him, and she appreciated that time with him just as much.


He turned to her then, kissing her silky blonde hair that was always everywhere around him. Her head was warm under his lips, and he lingered a moment, inhaling as much of her as he could. Turning his head back forwards, he felt her push farther into his shoulder, her warm cheek flush against his arm now.


She wrapped her arms around his that rested at his side.


He stared into the ceiling as the soothing rumble from the outside’s showers continued above them. He didn’t know when it would stop, but he hoped it wasn’t soon. 

© 2017 holograms


Author's Note

holograms
I was drunk when I wrote this, and I had no idea how to end it. Please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on December 12, 2017
Last Updated on December 12, 2017
Tags: teen love, love, rain, night, short, boy loves girl

Author

holograms
holograms

About
i write drabble that i never know how to end. i'm sorry. more..

Writing
2 2

A Poem by holograms


1 1

A Poem by holograms