The Mysteries of Life

The Mysteries of Life

A Story by Hunter282000
"

I little story about what life means to me.

"

The Mysteries of Life

We were taught growing up that life was like a fairytale, but in reality that could not be further from the truth. Are parents tell us stories of princesses and princes living happily ever after in their fairytale world, but that doesn’t happen in real life. Real life hits you like a brick in the face that you never saw coming, and you look back at those stories and wish your parents had prepared you for the real world. The truth is the real world sucks and the faster you learn that the better off you are. I am going to tell you a story about my life, and spoiler alert it is nothing like the fairytales, it is the real hard truth of life. Everyone's life is different and i am going to show you just how different mine is.

Since this is about life, I might as well start off at the beginning. It was a cold winter’s night, terrible conditions to have a baby in but i was ready for the world. On this night I blessed my parents and my sister with my birth. Most people like to think that is how their birth is perceived but the truth is I was a mistake. I was not supposed to be born, I was not planned. My parent already had one kid and did not expect to have another one just 18 months later. But here I was an ugly little kid ready for the world, or so I thought. I think I had a pretty good childhood as far as I can remember. I thought my parents were the perfect couple, and that all was right in the world. And for awhile that was true. Then just as I turned 9 my life turned upside down.

But I am getting ahead of myself, I still need to explain my perfect little childhood. I remember feeling as if nothing was bad in the world. There was only love and no hate to be found anywhere. That is what my parents wanted me to believe and after all I was a little kid so who was I to think any different. I grew up in a safe neighborhood, and I still live there up to this point. My neighborhood was an all white neighborhood, and we all knew each other because our parents grew up together. This is a good thing when you are young because you think you are going to be best friends with these people for the rest of your life. Boy was I wrong. In elementry school I had both boy and girl friends, and I was a pretty happy kid. Never at that point did I think I would get to where I am at now. I would have considered myself a pretty well-liked kid in school. I was friends with everyone and I loved that. Life was fun, I played freeze tag at recess and I ate lunch with everyone. I was even an active member of the community. I played both baseball and basketball, and I loved every minute of it. It was fun. When you are a kid you never think about what others are thinking about you. You just live life carefree, and hope for the best. I wish life was like that all the time, but something in your life is bound to mess up at some point. You never know when but when it does you sit there wishing for the good ol carefree days where you could just sit around in live. When you start thinking about the other stuff you just freeze and you find yourself being suffocated by the outside world around you. It starts off soft so you barely even notice anything is different, but by the time you do, you are already so far gone that you can not find an escape.

Imagine you are swimming in the ocean and you see something shiny at the bottom. You can’t quite see what it is so you swim down deeper, hoping to catch a glimpse at the mystery object. You keep on swimming until you see it, and when you finally reach the bottom you realise that it is just a broken glass, and you think to yourself why did i just swim down here for a piece of glass. Then you look up hoping to go back to the top, and you realise that you are trapped. You barely even thought about how dangerous this is, all you wanted was to find out what the mysterious object was. Never Mind the repercussions of your actions. You start to panic, thinking that there is no way you can get back up top. And this panicking is just sinking you further down into the ocean. If you had just taken a second and thought of a logical reason on how to get back to the top, you would have realised the answer is right in front of you, all you have to do is swim. This is how it feels to grow up. You learn that you don’t need to know everything in life, all you need to do is live. But living isn’t always easy, there is always a mysterious object that causes you to do irrational things, and those objects in life tie you down and stop you from just living carefree and not giving a s**t about what anyone thinks.

This is the answer but it takes a long while to get there. I'm still stuck in the ocean just trying to find my way back to the top, and when I do I will finally take a breath of fresh air and realizing that the they key to living life is just living and experiencing all the things that life has to offer. Don’t go searching for a perfect life because there is no such thing. You are given the life you live and only you can chose to live it how you want.

© 2017 Hunter282000


Author's Note

Hunter282000
I want feedback, it can be both positive and negative

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on August 9, 2017
Last Updated on August 9, 2017
Tags: life, hardtimes, living, carefree, teen

Author

Hunter282000
Hunter282000

About
I am a high school kid just exploring writing as a creative outlet. more..