Meditation on creation of the self

Meditation on creation of the self

A Story by Big K
"

A conversation I had with my higher consciousness. The first of many to come.

"

One day, you come across a quote that says "we are all one. We are all equal.” You meditate on this quote. Deep into your meditation a figure appears before you.

"I take it you have some questions about us all being one. Ask away" they say (they are neither male nor female so you refer to them as they)

You begin with “I know we're all human, but we all have different personalities. So how can we really be one?"

They reply "who is it that has the personality?”.

You get confused and say "I do. And you do. And so does everyone else".

They say "do you see that your personality is something that YOU posses? Your personality is something you own, but it is not you. You are the owner."

Your thinking "what the f**k" but say "yeah I can see that, now that you mention it. But then what makes humans different from each other?”

They reply "well you see we, the owners, are no different from one another, but the things that we possess, including our personalities, are different. People think you are shallow when you judge someone mainly by their material possessions, but did you know we are just as shallow when you judge based on mental and spiritual possessions?"

You stay silent for a minute thinking about that. Then you ask "then what's the point of being different? Why did God create us? Are you telling me that it doesn't matter what I possess? That I don't matter".

They look patiently at you. "Does it feel like you don't matter? “

You reply "No. Well I didn't before you started talking to me".

"Will you feel like you matter after I've left you? “

"I suppose so. I might think about what you've said for a little while, but eventually I'll stop thinking about it.”

They look at you patiently again. "To answer your question I'll ask you a question. (You start to argue, but they hold up their finger and you stop) Before the big bang, there was only a single consciences, or God, that was everything and nothing at the same time. Here is the question, why did God create the universe and us? Do not forget we are consciences".

"I asked you this question. Anyway how can you expect me to answer that question? In what universe would a human be able to formulate God's reasons for creating us?”

They sit there quietly. The silence becomes almost too unbearable but they say "do you know who you are?”

 "Yes I know who I am" you reply and start telling them your name, your past, you're characteristics. They listen patiently and when you are finished they say "I did not ask you what you posses. I asked you who you were."

Your mind feels like it just got squeezed "what do you mean I've only told you what I possess. I told you who I am. I get how my name is a possession, but how can my development be something I possess? ".

They look intently into your eyes. "That's a very good question. You should answer it."

You start to get a little irritated "how the f**k can I answer that?”

They just sit their patiently and look into your eyes. You stare back in disbelief. "Can I ask you a question"?

"Yeah" they reply.

"Who are you?”

They laugh lightly. You wait, but they do not answer. Just before you speak, they say "consciousness". You sit there a little confused. The answer was obvious once you heard it, but somehow it wasn't satisfying enough. As if it was too small to capture the true essence.

"That is not who I really I am, but you expected an answer in symbols."

"What do you mean symbols?" you ask.

"Language".

"I know I'm consciousness too, but how does this answer the question of why we are different and why God created us".

They sit their quietly and look off into the distance. After a while, they turn back to you and say "Why would a consciousness create the universe and us, other consciousnesses?"

"Oh my God. I've asked you that question once, and you've asked me twice. I don't know".

"What is the universe?" they ask.

"This" you reply making a circular arm gesture "everything".

"What type of universe do we live in?”

"A real one?" you say, confused.

They smile and say "I'll give you a hint. What type of universe do drawings live in?”

You get it instantly. "We live in a 3D universe".

"And what does that mean? “

 "It means there is up, down, left, right, near, far. What does that have to do with anything though?” you ask, a little disappointed at the significance, or lack, of the answer.

They smile at you and say "what else exists?”

You sit there, confused. What else exists besides the universe? "I don't know" you finally say.

"Earlier, you were talking about your past. What is time? ".

"It's the 4th dimension".

They smile at you warmly and say "and as the first three dimensions have polar opposites in existence at once, so do all other dimensions."

You are a little confused at hearing this. You ask "but isn't time a straight line moving in one direction? Moving from the past to the future measured in the present? The past not existing as the present turns into the future? ".

"You speak of your experience of time, not time itself".

"How can I speak of time itself when I can only understands time through my experience of it?"

"Here's a question that will answer that question. If you go sky diving and jump out of the plane. Does up disappear as you experience going down?”

"No, up still exists, but I'm just not there. I'm falling.”

"Time is exactly the same.”

You sit there for a long moment taking in this new information. "So does our consciousness exist like that too?”

"Yeah, something like that.”

"So all that our consciousness could ever be exists right now, but we are experiencing only the consciousness that we are in right now?”

They smile and say "yes".

"So why are we not at the fullest potential of our consciousness if it exists right now?”.

They look at you thoughtfully and reply "because your experience of your consciousness right now is necessary for the existence of your consciousnesses entirety. Just as up must exist for down."

”When will I get to my fullest consciousness?" You ask.

"You're already at your fullest consciousness, but you choose to experience the consciousness you are experiencing right now".

"Well how do I experience my higher consciousness?” You ask eagerly. Feeling as if this would answer many things.

"You already are".

You crunch your eyebrows in confusion and say "but it doesn't feel like it. Is your consciousness greater than mine? Because you’re obviously wiser than me and just.....better".

"No I'm not. I'm the way I am because you need me right here right now as I am. I'm here for you and everyone else I will meet. Just as you are".

"You're here because I need you?”

 "And you here because I need you".

You are a little confused. "What do we need each other for?" you ask, trying to wrap this around your head.

"To become more ourselves".

"You mean our higher conscious self’s?".

"Yes".

"And who made it this way?”

"Our higher consciousness".

"Why? Why would our higher conscious self’s do that?”.

“That’s a good question."

"That's a predictable answer from you".

You sit perplexed. After a long time you ask "does this answer why God created us?".

“Everything answers that question. You just have to look at it right. This is a good place to stop right now. I'll be back when you need me again." And just like that, they disappear.

You sit there silently. Take a deep breathe. And disappear.

© 2014 Big K


Author's Note

Big K
Reply with your thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
a
Why is there something rather than nothing? The way I look it, when we build something we start from ideas that first exist within us, so everything we build has a bit of us in it. It may be the same for whatever created us, as any being that existed before and independent of all other things would only have itself to draw upon when creating anything else. So just as people try to gain a better understanding of themselves by better understanding their relationship to god, I think god would try to gain a better understanding of itself by examining creation. With the primary difference between the two being our perspective of time as a matter of who's shoes you are standing in. Whether from that of our ever changing and multifaceted reflection, or from that of a god standing in front of the mirror of an eternally reflecting creation.

Anyway, you wrote a very thought provoking piece, I'll definitely look for more of your writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Big K

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the reply.
One of the points I wanted to get across was exactly that. God created .. read more



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
a
Why is there something rather than nothing? The way I look it, when we build something we start from ideas that first exist within us, so everything we build has a bit of us in it. It may be the same for whatever created us, as any being that existed before and independent of all other things would only have itself to draw upon when creating anything else. So just as people try to gain a better understanding of themselves by better understanding their relationship to god, I think god would try to gain a better understanding of itself by examining creation. With the primary difference between the two being our perspective of time as a matter of who's shoes you are standing in. Whether from that of our ever changing and multifaceted reflection, or from that of a god standing in front of the mirror of an eternally reflecting creation.

Anyway, you wrote a very thought provoking piece, I'll definitely look for more of your writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Big K

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the reply.
One of the points I wanted to get across was exactly that. God created .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
1 Review
Added on December 30, 2014
Last Updated on December 30, 2014

Author

Big K
Big K

Seattle, WA



About
We are beings of growth. more..

Writing