To My Friends In WritersCafe.org ~

To My Friends In WritersCafe.org ~

A Story by IMOGEAN
"

A letter to you...

"
To My Friends In WritersCafe.org ~
 
To be a friend, is to be honest. If I say something to you, it is for you alone. I don't say the same things to everyone in the Cafe. I give honest reviews, with tact. If I review you, know that my review is authentic, not copied and pasted, or filled with false flattery. False flattery is lies, and quite frankly, I have more respect for my friends than that. We are here to learn from each other, and lying is not conducive to the learning process.
 
Ratings and badges in the Cafe mean nothing to me. I do not review, to get reviews. I do not give high ratings, to get high ratings. In fact, I have turned that feature off on my writings. I am inconsistent with my activity in the Cafe, and disappear at times. This does not mean I do not respect my Cafe friends, it means that I respect my home life and for whatever reason, it demands more of me at any given time. I have five children and they take precedence.   
 
I believe in constructive criticism, and welcome it. Constructive criticism does not consist of negativity. I can point out an error in grammar or something I do not understand, without belittling the reviewed. Constructive is defined as: a positive building up process. I do value the reviewed's feelings and if I hurt them in any way, please let me know. I am not here to judge, or be judged, I am here to learn and sometimes, teach. I do not respond to negativity, it is unworthy of my attention. Any person who comes off as negative, will be ignored completely.
 
Every writer here, is important in my eyes...
 
God bless you all...
 
Imogean~    

© 2008 IMOGEAN


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's tricky isn't it...the balance between saying what we honestly feel and not wanting to offend or hurt in any way. Yet to flatter falsely is terrible. But some people are more sensitve than others in the nature of things. But from what you say I think you are a very honest reviwer and that is of vital importance here. The points system dilutes the reviewing process as many people are tempted to review positively merely to encourage others to do the same to them.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Just happened to be browsing and stumbled on this. Great comment, echoes my thoughts entirely. Thanks for sharing your ideals.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Brovo! Its about time someone said this Imogean(smile)
Thanks for sharing.
G.B.Y.
Kelley

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh, and also, I'd like to add that I find it extremely ironic that the one person who had an honest yet against-the-grain, not-so-flattering opinion several reviews ago kind of ended up getting chewed out in some of the other reviews here. What's up with that?

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Thank you for writing this. Many a world hinges on the type of review they recieve. People tend to forget that words carry weight. Hertbreak Pain Hurt can all be felt if a person or their work are shot to peices. And the worst thing of all is that person may never pick up his pen again. And wht new talent will never join the Cafe if all its established writers do is slate and slagg off. I hope mnay will read your price and use their words and reviews to build encourage and equip the writers of this time and a time to come

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

seriously;)

gah, how does one expect to get better as a writer {goal here at WC right?} if all their reviews are padded with sugar?

I find it weird, we're all adults {mostly;)} why can't most of the community tell the difference between a helpful critique {pricesless} and jerkiness/a*s kissing?
I find it completely insane.

anyhow, you go girl;) I love me some straight priorities!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh man, I'm glad someone finally said something regarding this matter. =]

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AMEN. i am pasting this to my site, so people will know that I feel the same exact way.

hugs



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


This letter is such an important piece that needed to be written. A review is something to help all grow as a writers, not to break them down or puff them up. I understand and also think that its so important to set your priorities, especially with your family! One of the great parts of this letter "Constructive is defined as: a positive building up process." Thanks so much for writing this letter from your heart~ Jude xo
PS There is a place to write notes in conjunction with the review


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well said and your honesty is always appreciated.

Art

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderfully penned and beautifully written! I could definitely relate to what the protagonist was going through. Beautiful piece! You've outdone yourself once again!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1348 Views
37 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 25, 2008

Author

IMOGEAN
IMOGEAN

Chico, California, CA



About
The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, serenely, divinely aware... And this is why I write: AWARENESS... It is not in the moment that I tasted the delicacies of life .. more..

Writing
Trust Trust

A Poem by IMOGEAN