Reagan Nation

Reagan Nation

A Story by inestav
"

This story tell about Roland Reagan did as president. This gives faxes of what Reagan did in this eight years as President of the United States of America.

"


 

   Reagan Nation?     

         What makes a good president? An article entitle “Was Ronald Reagan a Good President?” Appeared on the website pro/con .org. The website explores events from Reagan’s presidency and compresses them from other presidency before his. This essay will show people that Ronald Reagan was a good president.

        First, “President Reagan increased the budget for the Department of Education by $6 billion over the next three years. During the Reagan Administration, state education aid increased 20%, or almost $35 billion and, in 1988, it comprised a nearly 50% slice of revenue from all sources for education”. That show how much Reagan cared about education. You can also guess that you can say that he believed in the next generation of kids. That is one reason why Ronald Reagan was a good president.

    Next, “Reagan helped restore an economy that had both high inflation and unemployment left over from the 1970s. As he brought taxation down from 70% to 28%, Reagan proved that reducing excessive tax rates stimulates growth, increases economic activity, and boosts tax revenues. Government revenues from income tax rose from $244 billion in 1980 to $446 billion in 1989”. That means he brought down taxation by 42% in in eight years that is more than most presidents do. In about eight years he brought the 202 billion dollars in taxes. Only a good president like Reagan can have percentages like that.    

Lastly, “Reagan helped bring an end to the 46-year-old Cold War, through a combination of hostile, anti-communist rhetoric and a massive arms buildup followed by skillful diplomacy and disarmament. On Nov. 9, 1989, just over two years after his famous Brandenburg Gate speech, the Berlin Wall fell, marking the end of communism in Germany. On Dec. 15, 1991, after four bilateral summits with Reagan, General Secretary Mikhail Gorbachev dissolved the Soviet Union”. That means that Reagan helped end one the worst type of government. He also helped bring down the wall of Berlin and helped the people who lived there escape for the Nazi government. Most presidents can’t do half of what Reagan did in his eight years of president. That is one of the many thing that made Reagan a good president.  

One might bring up the subject that “Reagan broke his own vows not to make deals with terrorists or states that aided them. In the "Iran-Contra" scandal, Reagan's administration bypassed congressional restrictions on aiding Nicaragua's Contra guerrilla fighters, in part by diverting money to them from the sale of missiles to Iran. Reagan also initiated military involvement in Libya, Grenada, El Salvador, Nicaragua, and Lebanon. Reagan made these  decisions to help countries from their enemies. Just because he made those decisions does not mean that there hasn't been presidents that have made worst decisions. The way how he helped fixed the problem, that is what makes Reagan a good president.

              The reason why our country is in so much debt isn't because of Ronald Reagan it is because of some of the  other presidents like George W. Bush , Barack Obama, and   Andrew Johnson where some of the worst presidents in history. “President Reagan increased the budget for the Department of Education by $6 billion over the next three years. During the Reagan Administration, state education aid increased 20%, or almost $35 billion and, in 1988, it comprised a nearly 50% slice of revenue from all sources for education”. Reagan helped restore an economy that had both high inflation and unemployment left over from the 1970s. As he brought taxation down from 70% to 28%, Reagan proved that reducing excessive tax rates stimulates growth, increases economic activity, and boosts tax revenues. Government revenues from income tax rose from $244 billion in 1980 to $446 billion in 1989.  Reagan helped bring an end to the 46-year-old Cold War, through a combination of hostile, anti-communist rhetoric and a massive arms buildup followed by skillful diplomacy and disarmament. On Nov. 9, 1989, just over two years after his famous Brandenburg Gate speech, the Berlin Wall fell, marking the end of communism in Germany. On Dec. 15, 1991, after four bilateral summits with Reagan, General Secretary Mikhail Gorbachev dissolved the Soviet Union . Why do people make Ronald Reagan a scapegoat when we can only blame the presidents before him the problems in our government?

© 2014 inestav


Author's Note

inestav
I had to write this for school. sorry if their are mistakes. I enjoyed wright this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
Added on May 13, 2014
Last Updated on May 13, 2014
Tags: president, reagan, life, faxes, politics, politicians

Author