THE PROUD

THE PROUD

A Poem by REALIZE
"

You may not like this

"

Believe me when I say

All of you won’t be important.

Some of you will be pawns and examples of insignificance in grandeur.

So please don’t be proud, for it doesn’t really exist.

Don’t hope for tomorrow, for there is no future, the past never mattered, only now is what you have to hold on to.

Why ignite a fire of lies your mind designed to blanket your eyes to cry.

Do you desire a fight?

Why do I want all to experience affection,

When all don’t deserve to be loved?

I don’t want anyone to suffer

But there are some whom should be murdered.

Why carry this interior? You only see my outside on the surface?

 

I’am the beginning of the ending

The most beautiful of ugly

And the sweetness of disaster

See me cry in my laughter.

 

Don’t be afraid to lose something, you will eventually lose everything, only nothing is forever.

 

I’am death staring at the breath of your cautionary life, ready to suffocate your defecating presence.

 

Don’t ever think you mattered, don’t ever feel like you’ve cared, look inside your souls mirror and visualize your own emptiness.

 

This is a faux, a way for you to look past all the self serving compliments, conceited gestures, and arrogant thoughts your cynically, sadistic mantra bought off.

 

You only ignore the truth cause you realize you been eating the pie of lies for too long to subside.

 

The tactics you’ve practice lack what the facts is.

You enjoy being a*s backwards.

 

Next time laugh when a friend dies

Cheer when after an argument with a love one, they say they have cancer.

Literally stab the person whom you confided in about your sad, low, unsatisfactory life, in the back, but make sure you use a knife.

Giggle as you watch young mothers dump their babies in rivers and dumpsters.

Don’t worry, you’ve got it all covered.

 

Because you know

in being proud

Ignorance is bliss. 

© 2008 REALIZE


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good evening Realize,

In my favorites this goes... first off. I will read, read, read, and read this one millions of times over. I grasp this, I feel this - I am determined to put all conformity that has been instilled inside me, aside to embrace this feeling of complete eye-opening realization.

I am, as 'Choosing Life' said, SPEECHLESS, at this moment...

Heated~ I was prior to reading your words... I feel as if I stumbled up this read request for a purpose typically not acknowledged by most.

I have now; put myself aside to "Realize" that I have been in bliss far, far too long.

I must keep reading these prominent words; I must reread to remind myself every day... I provoke way too many arguments/disagreements because I am too "PROUD".

Thank you ~ please do not be surprised if you receive another review on this one from me.

Admiration,

Candi~ Writer Of Life


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ok, Ok - I do like this. Very compelling imagery, especially at the ending. Curious what you were thinking or going through when you wrote this but altogether it's a pretty tight piece of work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow.....i must say...this is really good..but remember...its always easy to break the proud...

Posted 15 Years Ago


All pride is, its a false sense of protection shielding us from a life we are too afraid to dissect for fear that the purest truth will manifest and leave us with the understanding that we are not as perfect as we believed we were, not as loving as we should be and not as special as we may portray. With life's undestanding pride is replaced by wisdom, and wisdom teaches us that every experience, good, bad or indifferent is here to teach us something of value. We just have to be open to learn it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

man you never fail to deliver some eye opening situations... this is pure.poetry. peace my brotha!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm so glad you sent me this, after I read it, it was as if the devil himself held a conference and spoke his mind.. you are truly talented and area true writer because many would be afraid to even go thru the process of writing this. You took a great chance and it paid off, and i love most that there WASN'T a twist to it,. it was just evil.. lol
Some ppl need a wake up call, life isn't peaches and cream, and some ppl really feel this way and you're speaking for them.
I hope you perform this peace at a open mic somewhere and I wish I could see people's faces.
This is going in my favs...
great write by a great writer.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The opening lines were killer..every sentence after that on point..in rhythm. Mental awareness as you read and learn and teach

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey Love... Ok
Ya had my breath caught in my throat and my stomach in knots.
You know you are one of my favorites. I read, and reread, and read it again.
You've made me sit and think about things with other pieces. But this piece
by far made me sit here for a while and really think. DANG!

"Because you know

in being proud

Ignorance is bliss."
If that didn't sum it all up, then nothing will.
I know I've said this before, but I swear I mean it!!
You are BRILLIANT!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
d
This whole piece is definitely some philosophical food for the soul...but this line...

...Don't be afraid to lose something, you will eventually lose everything, only nothing is forever...

...had my mind stuck on rewind...good stuff



Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Good read, man...As I read through the lines I had to keep re-reading because I felt like a couple of those lines were applicable to me (yikes) Anyhoo...Good use of verbage and I really like the sensuality of the poem even though it is probably a smack in the face to alot of people who live in this vain society. Kudos :)

JR

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

the truth is never easy to hear, but somebody's gotta say it and im glad it was u

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

672 Views
16 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 7, 2008
Last Updated on March 7, 2008

Author

REALIZE
REALIZE

Thesweetestmalice



About
Blessed are those who seek knowledge over corruption and stay steadfast even through the carnage of todays society. I will stand with you. more..

Writing