A bunch of berry fruits

A bunch of berry fruits

A Story by It's Me, The Miracle
"

Story of a denial

"

After a long hour of stroll from the school the girl hurried to walk when she turned to the road that led her home. She was very much excited to see whether the berry fruits in her garden have ripened or not? Since the day its flower changed into the fruit, she was guarding it to see all its changes. She really enjoyed its color transformation from green to red. She did not leave any option to keep the plant healthy and green. Every morning she visited the plant to make it sure that the fruits are safe and keeping good. She herself used to water the plant in the morning and in the evening. She made her mother to add manure for the plant to keep its fruit healthier and colorful.


She watched each single change that appeared in the fruit. She cherished the day that will make the berry fruit dark in color. She did not understand the reason for disinterest of her friends when she told them about her dearest berry fruit, but her class teacher seemed to be excited whenever she mentioned about her own berry fruit. She loved her teacher for this reason. She felt that teacher is the most beautiful and intelligent woman in the world. It was the teacher who told her about the chemical changes that happen during the color change of berry fruit. In fact, she did not understand the term pigment and the name antho cyanin appeared like the name of a medicine. Yet she took heed of it because she loved the teacher very much.


Today, it is the third day of her waiting to get the berry fruit darkened. While reaching home she saw her beautiful berry fruit smiling at her. Adding her happiness, it started getting darker. She wanted to taste one piece from it. Though it was really difficult to resist her, she decided to obey her mother who asked her to wait for one more day. Before leaving to bed she visited the fruit once again and promised herself that she will give a share of it to the most beautiful and intelligent woman in this world, her teacher. In the morning, her mother didn’t seem to be happy on her wish to give the fruit to her teacher, yet she packed a few of them to entertain the desire of her daughter.


The girl kept that packet safely in her bag as if it is her own heart. On her way to school she was eating berry fruits given to her for eating during snack time. The thought about her don’t having anything to eat during snack time did not withstand her eating berry fruits on the way. Before reaching school she finished all the fruits in her box. She wanted more, but she did not even touch the packet that is kept for her teacher. During snack time she had nothing to eat. She thought of eating from teacher’s packet, yet she kept abstinence for the most beautiful and intelligent woman in the world.  The flavor that came out of the packet tempted her to savor the taste of fruits. Yet she did not spoil her decision to give the packet to her teacher.


She waited eagerly for the next period after the snack time as the most beautiful and intelligent woman in the world will come to her class in that period. Even after minutes of ringing the bell, the teacher did not turn up. While tension was mounting both in her mind and in the class another teacher appeared at the entrance. Her class teacher is on leave today. She was disappointed. Yet she did not open the packet. She kept it inside the bag safer than her own lunch. While eating her lunch, temptation invited her once again to eat those fruits. Yet she didn't even open the packet. Reaching home, her mother asked her to open the packet, but she refused her wish and kept it for the next day.


It was really difficult for her to pass time till the next morning. She even could not sleep well. During sleep she dreamt of the moments wherein she will hand over those tasty berry fruits with a wonderful aroma. She had a great self esteem for being the one and only owner of this fruit. She counted her as one of the great personalities who decided to give their most loved things to others. Next morning, the first thing she did while reaching the school was visiting the staff room. Her heart overwhelmed when she saw her teacher there. She gave the packet to her the and there. While talking with other teachers, her teacher didn't show that much of interest in her packet.


All her dreams about those great moments went in vain. While returning from the staff room, she consoled herself saying that teacher must be busy in her discussions. She will appreciate it once she is free. She waited for her class teacher’s period. In the first period she came and took the attendance and left the class. There was nothing special on teacher’s face for her. She again consoled her saying that she must not have opened the packet as she is busy. She told herself that teacher will open it during lunch and will show her response in her next period which is just after the lunch hour. During lunch, her mind was full of excitement to see the impact of her berry packet on her teacher. She finished the lunch very fast and hurried to wash the lunch box. On the way, she saw a packet similar to her berry fruits in the waste box just in front of the staff room. She returned to see whether her eyes are right. But she couldn't see it well as her sight was fleeted with the layer of tears that seeped out from her eyes.

© 2013 It's Me, The Miracle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The teacher should not have done this

Posted 10 Years Ago


It's Me, The Miracle

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot dear friend
It appears this is a true story.
You may explain a little more why the teacher was not so interested about the berries.
Was taking any thing from the student is against the school norms?

About the quality of the write I must say that it is a superb one.
You have captured the real emotions and presented in the story.
Great write indeed.

I wonder why a writer of such good caliber use a pen name!

Posted 10 Years Ago


zainul

10 Years Ago

Hi Jisha,
I am simply blessed by your mastery on language and description.
Your story is.. read more
It's Me, The Miracle

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for spending time to send me the reply. I am happy to know that my story touched your h.. read more
zainul

10 Years Ago

Yes Jisha,your story really touched my heart.
I am happy that it is a fiction.
Write mor.. read more
OMG!
Teachers can really destroy their students' heart..Mine were soulless and they didn't never care for us..
My heart cries for this little girl..her teacher made the baby girl's heart cry..
Really profound piece..

Posted 10 Years Ago


It's Me, The Miracle

10 Years Ago

Kejara again!!! The continuing presence of your names in my reviews started bringing joy in my heart.. read more
Oh this is such a sad story. The little girl waited and waited and controlled herself from eating the special fruit she meant for her teacher. And then to be so disappointed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's Me, The Miracle

10 Years Ago

Thanks for your review dear Marie

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

328 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 2, 2013
Last Updated on August 2, 2013
Tags: Short Stories, Childhood Memories, School, Teacher