Ghostly (Part 1)

Ghostly (Part 1)

A Story by York Callow

As I stood, I gazed at the vast and empty city around me. It was not vacant of buildings, billboards, cars, etc… But, people. There was not a soul to be seen, and I wondered where, in all of God’s green earth, I was! How did I get here? From where did I arrive? The answer was not clear. There in the center of all the strange buildings, stood a large clock, that would soon strike 12 midnight. Something about this place was different from any other, it felt ghostly. Strangely, though this place appeared desolate, I knew in the deep recesses of my mind that someone was present -- watching me.

“Hello!!” I began to call out. “I know you’re there… You can show your face. I’m not afraid.”

But no answer was given. I attempted once more.

“I feel you. Even if you don’t talk back to me I know you’re there!”

Suddenly, I heard a soft, smooth whisper; that, sounded as if to say:

“I’ve got a gift for you, please accept it this time…”

I became paralyzed with fear at the sound of the voice. So afraid, in fact, that I felt as if I couldn’t move.

“Don’t be afraid,” the voice whispered. “I am here for your good and not bad " I have missed you.”

“Who are you?” I asked, in fear.

“You’ll find out soon enough -- but first, there’s something I need you to do for me.”

I became less tense as I heard the voice more and more. After a while of hearing it, in fact, it almost sounded soothing to the ears -- like a comfort that I’d missed.

“What is it that you need me to do?” I asked the voice.

“Do you see that large clock, in the center of those buildings?”

“Yes, I do. What about it?”

“Walk over to it, and once you’re there, I need you to wait.”

“Wait a minute now.” I began my retortion. “What exactly is this gift? And, why am I waiting on it?”

“Just do it, please.” It replied, almost in a sad tone.

After hearing it reply in that way, I felt a guilt for questioning it.

“Okay.” I said. “I’ll do it.”

I then began my walk to the clock, which took much longer than I anticipated. As I made each step closer and closer, it seemed as if the clock became further and further away -- like an illusion.

© 2015 York Callow


Author's Note

York Callow
Opinions are greatly appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with Lizardo Arias on this. I'd also like to add that the style you wrote in was different and seemed original. It does need a bit more work, but other than that the story is interesting and fine.

Posted 9 Years Ago


it builds up anticipation in the reader,

Posted 9 Years Ago


One interesting story, I'm guessing that you used this a experiment to see how it work out, it needs a little more work. but thats all, I like the story I have a feeling that it can become some good story with the spooky things you said up there, You should really keep it going, this one wonderful story

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 5, 2015
Last Updated on January 5, 2015

Author

York Callow
York Callow

Mobile, AL



About
Growing up in Bessemer, Alabama, I developed a taste for writing at the age of thirteen. In the seventh grade I joined a creative writing class, and did exceptionally well. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..