History

History

A Chapter by joanofbooke

     Running...running...running... i felt like my lungs were going to burst the cement walls on either side of the path began to narrow. The darkness engulfed everything it touched. I was acutely aware of my persuit by an invisible being. Something caught my ankle and slammed into the cold cobble sto9ne floor. Suddenly i was strapped to an icy cold stainless steel table. A shiver ran down my spine. I could see nothing the darkness was soo thick it was as though i was blind. I could hear footsteps echoing around the room. The indiscernable whispers were getting closer and closer!!

               I jolted awake, sweat dripping heavily from my face and body. It took me a moment to realize that i was safe and the danger had passed. I did a quick once over of my surroundingsand realized i was in my messy, warm comfortable work quarters. Well for now at least. Soon someone would be sent to clean and sanitize things. While at peace, I took in every homey misplaced item; my small green army cot, with matching blankets and sheets were right in the middle of this borrowed area. The uniform and undergarments i had worn yesterday were strewn across the floor near the restroom to the far left. My pitiful little desk was tucked away in the right hand corner of this small space. Stacks of files and reports adorned the top of the worn little desk. 



© 2010 joanofbooke


Author's Note

joanofbooke
please ignore all the grammar and spelling mistakes im going to get it down first then go back to it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
Added on May 12, 2010
Last Updated on May 12, 2010


Author

joanofbooke
joanofbooke

sacramento, CA



About
gender: female, age:seventeen, i love to write and read its very hard for me to relate to others and to talk about my emotions so i use writing to tell people about how i feel. i try to put myself i.. more..

Writing