lost

lost

A Poem by joanofbooke

                                As I stand on the edge of eternity, the footfalls of destiny stretch before my feet. Until this point I was lost. I knew none and  was invisible to the world unfolding around me.                                                                                                   I was a wanderer, queen of the lost. Although the fairtales must mislead you, for I was not beautiful, I was an ugly creature locked inside of my past unable and unwilling to forgive.                                                                                                                                          But now I was truely beautiful, I had forgiven and moved on. Now everything was a path carved just for me, and though it was simple, to me it was perfect .                                                                                                                    For so long I had nothing but now to have something to call mine, a destiny, a truth, a shred of hope for now I am no longer lost. 

© 2010 joanofbooke


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked .. good going ..best of luck ...............

Posted 6 Years Ago


I really liked this, though the format was a bit distracting, as were the typos. I would also change how you started the sentence "Although the fairytales must mislead you..."

Overall, a great piece. Lots of emotion wrapped up in those few words.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice stylizing, the meaning has a dark fantasy ambience. I really liked it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

593 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2010
Last Updated on May 17, 2010

Author

joanofbooke
joanofbooke

sacramento, CA



About
gender: female, age:seventeen, i love to write and read its very hard for me to relate to others and to talk about my emotions so i use writing to tell people about how i feel. i try to put myself i.. more..

Writing
History History

A Chapter by joanofbooke