Thinking Out of the Box (Creative Thinking)

Thinking Out of the Box (Creative Thinking)

A Story by john martin
"

In a small Italian town, hundreds of years ago, a small business owner owed a large sum of money to a loan-shark. The loan-shark was a very old, unattractive looking guy that just so happened to fancy

"

In a small Italian town, hundreds of years ago, a small business owner owed a large sum of money to a loan-shark. The loan-shark was a very old, unattractive looking guy that just so happened to fancy the business owner’s daughter.

He decided to offer the businessman a deal that would completely wipe out the debt he owed him. However, the catch was that we would only wipe out the debt if he could marry the businessman’s daughter. Needless to say, this proposal was met with a look of disgust.

He then asked the daughter to reach into the bag and pick one.

The daughter naturally had three choices as to what she could have done:

  1. Refuse to pick a pebble from the bag.
  2. Take both pebbles out of the bag and expose the loan-shark for cheating.
  3. Pick a pebble from the bag fully well knowing it was black and sacrifice herself for her father’s freedom.

She drew out a pebble from the bag, and before looking at it ‘accidentally’ dropped it into the midst of the other pebbles. She said to the loan-shark;

“Oh, how clumsy of me. Never mind, if you look into the bag for the one that is left, you will be able to tell which pebble I picked.”

The pebble left in the bag is obviously black, and seeing as the loan-shark didn’t want to be exposed, he had to play along as if the pebble the daughter dropped was white, and clear her father’s debt.

© 2018 john martin


Author's Note

john martin

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[url=https://norton-com-setups.com/norton-password-manager/]https://norton-com-setups.com/norton-password-manager/[/url]
[url=https://norton-com-setups.com/stop-norton-from-slowing-down-computer/]How do I stop Norton from slowing down my computer[/url],
[url=https://norton-com-setups.com/fix-norton-error-3048-3/]Norton error 3048 3[/url],
[url=https://norton-com-setups.com/stop-getting-norton-pop-ups/]How to stop getting Norton pop-ups on Windows 10[/url],

Posted 3 Years Ago


norton.com/setup – Having an honest antivirus could mean a serious difference between the life and death of your portable electronic devices. Norton setup is an executable file that you simply download via www.norton.com/setup to deploy Norton security on your home devices also as business-related work running on Windows, MAC, Android, OS and iOS platforms. It primarily stitches digital security framework round the digital surroundings of your PCs, server devices also as various mobile devices. As a reliable third-party tech support provider, Antivirus Norton offers you reliable information and support on the way to deploy Norton Security on your devices.
With Symantec’s award-winning Norton security software, you'll experience the professional quality protection on your device. Through easy installation, Norton integrates flawlessly together with your device for delivering dynamic results for the simplest defense against viruses, malware, Trojans, and cyber crooks. the simplest thing about having a security suite like Norton is that it runs silently within the background, providing you the guarantee of comprehensive protection through a number of reliable security tools, technologies, and utilities which will be downloaded through Norton com setup page or www.us.norton.com
With Norton, you're within the right place, if you would like to figure hassle-free.
How does Norton work?
It prevents viruses to enter your system that makes trouble for your files and kills the already entered viruses. to start protecting your system, update your PC with a desirable Norton security product in order that you'll and delete the harmful viruses very quickly and simply . Once your system is scanned, it makes an inventory of malicious programs which will delete be deleted at the top of the scanning session.Once the device is updated with norton.com/setup and is free from malware, the software strengthens the pc firewall also . This Norton firewall keeps your device faraway from all kinds of straightforward , complex, new or old malware.
It provides real-time threat protection while users undergo different malicious sites unknowingly by immediately blocking malicious sites and just just in case you download an infected program or open a corrupted email attachment, it scans through it and automatically deletes it without even letting you recognize .
people also ask a question in google some common queries
norton password manager
How do I stop Norton from slowing down my computer?
How to fix Norton error 3048 3?



Posted 3 Years Ago


Thanks for sharing this post, this is really very nice informative post.
I will regularly follow your blog
norton.com/myaccount

Posted 4 Years Ago


I am amazed by the way you have explained things in this article. This article is quite interesting and I am looking forward to reading more of your posts. Thanks for sharing this article with us.
Norton.com/Setup


Posted 4 Years Ago


It really makes me happy and I am satisfied with the arrangement of your post. You are really a talented person I have ever seen.
Norton.com/Setup


Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 15, 2018
Last Updated on November 15, 2018
Tags: Inspirational Short Stories

Author

john martin
john martin

New York, NY



About
Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert. more..