Elfin

Elfin

A Chapter by Jozlynn
"

What do you do when you find yourself in a place unlike any you've ever seen...alone?

"

                Different.

                All of it. The moist air. The grass beneath my bare feet. The warm, yet chilling breeze. The sound of rustling leaves. It all felt…unfamiliar.

                Slowly, I opened my eyes.

                The world that I saw now was nothing like it had been only moments ago when I closed my eyes. Green - all I saw around me was green. But of course it was green - I was in a forest. No roads, no buildings, no people, no nothing.

                Just trees.

                Because I was dreaming - there was no other solution. It was too…irrational. Just a few minutes ago, I had been sitting on the concrete slab I used to call home. Surrounded by the familiar…the normal. A dream - that’s all this was…but even I knew I was kidding myself.

                I knew this, but I was still at peace. No sense causing an unnecessary disturbance. Nothing that I could see could hurt me. Everything was too serene. It was almost as if the slightest noise would make the whole forest shatter into a million pieces. And I didn’t want it to.

                Impulsively, I took a step. Then another. And soon enough, I was slowly, quietly wandering through the trees. I reached out my hand from my side, and let it brush against the soft, delicate bushes and trees. And though my eyes were open, I felt as if I could not see. As if I were blindfolded, being led only by my feet.

                Crack!

                The simple sound a snapping twig changed it all. I was no longer in a calm, gentle forest, at peace, and part of all that surrounded me - it was cold and dangerous. It was too open, too exposing. No cover. No place to hide.

                Run.

                The word flowed across my mind at a hundred miles per hour, repeating over and over. Run.

                I ran. To where, I never knew. My feet carried me away from whatever unnatural thing had been there. It was dangerous. It was different. It wasn’t normal. And I knew only that I had to get away. And I ran. I ran until I felt I was no longer breathing. Then stopped.

                He had the blondest hair I had ever seen that almost seemed white. It flew around his face and stuck up in every direction, but would have reached his eyes had it ever settled flat against his purely innocent-looking face. And his eyes " they were a soft blue-green, like they had been poured straight from the ocean. The palest skin and gentlest features that any model would kill for. Thin but muscular. He was easily the most beautiful person I had ever seen.

                And he was looking directly at me.

                He motioned for me to come to him with a simple twitch of his fingers, and I did. Slowly, step by step, I walked towards the boy leaning against a small but thick tree. With each step, I noticed that there was something odd about him, but it wasn’t until I was within a few feet from him that I saw it " his ears. They were long and alarmingly pointed. And his eyes were shaped like a cat’s…like a predator’s. As shocked as I was, I could not stop myself from going towards him. Something in my mind wouldn’t let me, as if by turning around or running, I would end my life.

                “What do you want?” I whispered in a shaken voice that seemed unlike my own.

                He cocked his head to the side like it was obvious enough that I shouldn’t have asked. With a gentle, quiet voice like velvet, he answered.

                “I am here to kill you.”



© 2010 Jozlynn


Author's Note

Jozlynn
Just kind wrote as I went...let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, not wat i was expecting! I thought i would be reading ome cute litle farytale story. Boy wa i ever wrong! nice surprise ending and vivid imagery you have in this story! A job well done!
P.S- I would though like to know who the narrarter responded to this elfish looing guy and wat she would do next.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

NICE WRITING I LIKE IT

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is amazing. I love the narration, the description, and the flow. VERY well written, and I really enjoyed reading. I hope to see more from this. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great story - very engaging from start to finish.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Definitely not the ending I expected, it made my jaw drop. Excellently set up, and very well written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the mystique of this story, building until the bitter sweet end.

Great story!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, not wat i was expecting! I thought i would be reading ome cute litle farytale story. Boy wa i ever wrong! nice surprise ending and vivid imagery you have in this story! A job well done!
P.S- I would though like to know who the narrarter responded to this elfish looing guy and wat she would do next.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ian
I absolutely love this. It pulled me in, wanting and longing for more! If you ever write any more to this, I must be informed. Very wonderful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I like it--realistic response to arriving in a strange place, lovely descriptions, and a suspenseful twist. There's definitely enough here to keep going with the story, if you wanted to.

I particularly liked "The word flowed across my mind at a hundred miles per hour, repeating over and over. Run."

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

660 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 26, 2010
Last Updated on December 3, 2010


Author

Jozlynn
Jozlynn

WY



Writing
Elfin Elfin

A Book by Jozlynn


Chapter I Chapter I

A Chapter by Jozlynn


Chapter II Chapter II

A Chapter by Jozlynn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..