Pi

Pi

A Poem by butterfly

Met Miss Grimes at the bar of Pi
Where they sell pizza, beer and wine
I got a glass of True Myth she got something of draft
We settled in the mission at a pizza place, out of the rain for a nice chat
Discovered her birthday is on Jan 29, she also can write, it was a great day for new friendships like that
We walked across the street to get Anthony's cookies but it was closed. They sold out it was the worst part of the mission at most.
On my way home from the train station I overheard a man yelling at a lady. Talking about did you screw so and so, are you having his baby?
He slammed the walls, slammed the phones on the ground, and yelled more loud, walked all around screaming without end, tell me girl, tell me whats up in this world? Why can't you be who I need who you need to be instead you fucked someone else and having another man's baby?
I can see the men looking out of the corner of their eyes at them. The girl just stood there while the man kept going off at her. Smile on the face, no sign of sadness for causing him pain. Is this love? Are relationships just games? Thats all I see. Ms. Grimes told me she still has a life to live. She has to grow up first before having children. Yet today I saw them everywhere. My program mate brought her son, a line of them went out on a field trip around the block, some even sat next to me on the bus.
They smiled and tilted their head watching dreams go by each time widened the eye.
The first part of the day was bittersweet. It was the end of my professional development at JVS. Jonathan, my program coach hugged me goodbye he is so cute so it was the best thing at most. Now i sit with dripping hair from the rain at home. Thinking of the slice of PI and what does it mean? Where did he go? Will I meet him under the January snow? Has he gone away for good? When I return will he remember the love we made in the rain? Maybe its just another high level of oxytocin increasing in my brain. Thats the reason for the bond we make after sex. So is love real? There are mathematical equations life can deal to help us see how much of things we need? What about us? What about love? Is there meaning in the touch? Did we just foolishly rush? Oh why can't I understand whats the meaning of PI? The meaning of you and I and why Anthony's Cookies closed early tonight? Somehow I feel the answers lie in the pi.


© 2018 butterfly


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on January 25, 2018
Last Updated on January 25, 2018

Author

butterfly
butterfly

CA



About
"Butterflies are the heaven sent kisses of an angel." more..

Writing