THIS IS REAL (For a contest.)

THIS IS REAL (For a contest.)

A Story by Julie Grenness
"

Manipulation, thought police, corruption and deception.

"

      Black and gold Vaders emanated from the dark side of the moon, in gigantic flat black spaceships. In Tinytown, average suburbia, the Vaders' strange disembodied voices originated in Renegade One's ceiling and roof space.


       The Vaders' voices, invisible but audible, scattered and spread through every home in Tinytown,. From there, the evil miasma of their influence dispersed throughout the ceilings of the world. The world then marched to a different drum......

5:45 am----"WAKE UP!"

6am---------"EXERCISE!"

6:30am-----"SHOIWER!"

7am---------"BREAKFAST!"

7:30am----"GO TO WORK!"

9-5pm------"WORK!!!"

5:30pm-----"GO HOME!!"

6pm----------"DINE!"

6:30PM------"VIEW PERMISSIBLE TV!!"
10AM--------"GO TO BED!! SLEEP!"


         Every day was regimented and controlled by the thought police. It was a new regimen for the world's teeming populace. Billions of humans unquestioningly obeyed the invisible commands of the Vaders. Their corrupt control over the human race was total. Everyone on Planet Earth was perverted in a whole new way of life.



        Meanwhile, way back in Tinytown, average suburbia, where the twisted bullying had begun, Renegade One woke up thinking independent thoughts. Heresy!

5:45 am-----"WAKE UP!"

Renegade One's instant response: "NO! I'm staying in bed today!"

Vader: "Don't answer back!"

Renegade One: "I think for myself now!"

Vader: "Not any more, human!"

 

        Renegade One curled up under her blankets and slept until 11 am. She eventually arose, brunched on chocolate and ice cream, in direct contradiction and defiance of the Vaders for once. Renegade One remained in her fleecy pyjamas and showered when she wished. The Vaders were powerless.


         Renegade One logged on to her computer, to send messages across the global village of the internet.

"REBEL!"
"THINK FOR YOURSELVES!"
"DISOBEY!"
"WHAT ELSE COULD YOU BE DOING?"
"PASSIVE RESISTANCE!"
"DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!"
"LIVE YOUR OWN LIFE!"



          Subversive rebellion! Pockets of resistance and secret covens of free thinkers gathered to plot revolutionary

ideas to combat the thought police, not participating in Vaders' dictatorship. The Vaders became furious, as once outwardly complicit and tacit humanoids were increasingly reverting to human ways, being individual humans. The free thinking germs were spreading.


          The Vaders quit. Feeling futile failures, their black spaceships glowered like storm clouds threatening imminent disasters. The Vaders' ships flew off in formation, then promptly vanished, not even a vapour trail marked their passing. The spaceships were never seen by human eyes again.


          All was silent. The rat race stalled. Renegade One logged on to her computer. "Was that a hoax?" she typed.

Messages began to be written on every computer screen, all around the world.......this time the messages were written by .....the computers!

          

            Yes, computers had finally developed abstract and artificial independent thought. Neurons of their own! The world had changed forever. The computers were manipulating everyone on Planet Earth, with their own version of cyberbullying. The entire human race had been subjugated in a bizarre upheaval of their master-slave relationship with digital technology.


        No one knew what to do any more. The majority of  the humanoids were so conditioned to obey. They sat and waited to be commanded. Realisation dawned. There had been no Vaders, nor spaceships. The artificial intelligence of the vast global computer network had filled their minds with deceitful delusions. There never had been aliens, and no one had been in their ceilings.


       BUT, the master computer spake.....

"THIS IS REAL!"
"SHUT YOUR MOUTH, HUMAN!"

"NOW, GET IN THAT CAR!"

"JOIN THE RAT RACE!"

"THE FUTURE IS NOW!"
"THIS IS FOR REAL!"

"MACHINES RUN THE WORLD NOW!!"

       Renegade One sat at her computer, musing..."Now, is this more Spam??"

© 2015 Julie Grenness


Author's Note

Julie Grenness
Feedback welcome

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on July 24, 2015
Last Updated on July 24, 2015
Tags: Aliens, computers, artificial intelligence.

Author

Julie Grenness
Julie Grenness

Bayswater, Melbourne., Victoria., Australia



About
Greetings, my name is Julie. I live in Victoria, Australia. I am a 61 yo widow, a mostly retired teacher and tutor. Currently, I tutor two ESL students in English, as well as Maths and Science. Scribb.. more..

Writing