A Dream Or Wish

A Dream Or Wish

A Story by Ice QueenJen
"

Have you ever felt certain that what you dreamed about was so real that you couldn't believe it wasn't. This is about a woman, Francesca who dreamed about a fantasy world unlike the one she lived in.

"


A DREAM OR WISH


         It was just before dusk when I felt something or someone looming over me. I turned over to shake off the feeling and began to doze off again. The alarm began to buzz, so I mustered the strength to get up.


        I went about my daily chores, then around 1:00 am I got ready to go shopping. I left my apartment, then began to walk down the street toward town. There weren't to many people out at this time, and I figured they were busy eating their lunches.


      Yet life was too busy in the city, so I chose to move to a quiet out of the way town. There wasn't much about it online or in the history books; but that didn't deter me any. I thought it would be a great place to finally get some writing done. Being in a city that had to many distractions deterred my every thought.


     So a move to where it was less congested, or noisy was in order for me. Now the town called Bella Grande was set in a small section of a forest which wasn't far from the coastline. As far as I could tell it was an idyllic setting for me to get a lot of creative writing done.


     First of all, my name is Francesca and I am an independently wealthy woman. Thus enabling me to purchase the lovely cottage from the previous owners lawyer. They had passed away some time ago, so when I walked into his office I was immediately drawn to this picturesque cottage. Although in the picture of the place had flowers growing everywhere, which made the place even more appealing. The lawyer assured me that in no time I'd have it back to how it should look. I guess he thought I knew about gardening and would tend to the flower beds. I was mainly there to finally get some writing done, but he didn't know that.


     As I walked down the street everything looked surreal. It was like a fairytale village to me, even the grocery market seemed to good to be true. Yet it was stocked with all kinds of fruits and vegetables, the only things you wouldn't find are processed or ready-made types of foods. So I had several boxes of cereals of various kinds mailed to my cottage. Some would last months, while I began to eat a more healthier lifestyle. Eventually I stopped having the boxes of cereal delivered, opting to have fruit for my morning meal.


     For some reason it was a blessing in disguise, as I felt better than ever. I hoped to become able to write page after page having my mind clear and being one with my surroundings. It was like the cottage was telling its story through me. It was a delight to do this, and a great honor to be able to let this place shine again.


     As I arrived at the store, the owner graciously greeted me. I smiled, said “ hello” and began to walk around the place. Andrè, the owner watched as I did this, he never had someone be so interested in what he had to offer. I myself never took the time to examine a store like this either. Where I used to live we were so busy and in a hurry it was hard 'to stop and smell the roses' as the old saying went. Life just passed us by, instead of living life to the fullest. Even though I could live anywhere or buy anything, I was always content with what I had. I did buy the essentials, or if something struck my fancy I would go ahead and splurge.


     I hadn't noticed the rack of gardening tools before, so I looked up at Andrè and asked,“Are these new, I don't recall seeing them before?”


    He replied graciously “Oui Madam, they just arrived this morning. So I put them out for my patron's! It's going to be Spring soon, so I hoped they would sell well.”


    “Well I am going to buy one of each if that's alright, I feel the sudden urge to mend the garden from the years of neglect on the cottage has done. I just love the place, and I want the place to love me too” I happily replied.


                                                 I figured for my sake it would be better to go in person to relay this surreal tale to her that I felt to be just a dream. Hopefully she can answer the questions that I am having...

© 2015 Ice QueenJen


Author's Note

Ice QueenJen
photo from Ms. stock.... also I may add more to this story in the future so keep watch.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A interesting tale my friends. Dreams and real life do fall together. I like the location and the thoughts. I liked the ending. Good to end with a question and open ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this, keep going!

Posted 8 Years Ago


well not much into stories but this one got my attention, so far so good. I hope to read more. thank you for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 28, 2015
Last Updated on September 28, 2015

Author

Ice QueenJen
Ice QueenJen

Bakersfield, CA



About
Not only am I a woman, but a mother, friend, and hopefully the best person I could be. I have begun to broaden my horizons and get into writing poetry. But I also am an artist, and I am trying my ha.. more..

Writing
Gods? Gods?

A Poem by Ice QueenJen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


"Perhaps" "Perhaps"

A Poem by Valentine


"Smile" "Smile"

A Poem by Valentine