A Working Story - A Murderous Tale

A Working Story - A Murderous Tale

A Story by Ice QueenJen
"

This is about a woman being distressed about something she read, not knowing what to do she turns to a trusted friend. Instead of him helping her, she's recruited to help him with an important task!

"



                                                           A Murderous Tale


A young woman was in distress after finding some dire wrongdoings. She had to get this off her chest, so to speak. It kept her up at night, because in her heart this was wrong and must be dealt with. But how?


She fretted over how to go about reporting this horrid crime of murder and adultery. Mainly because nobody else saw or knew what this man has done. Especially since he was a man of power; and good standing in the community.


Yet her conscience couldn't let her forget what she knew to be true, no matter what his standing was. But who would believe her; but in the end she really didn't care. She needed to be brave and courageous and report this egregious incident!


The next day she looked up a family friend, a trusted man of God to report this to. Meeting at a coffee shop, she sat down to wait for him to come in. He finally arrived, got settled down and waited for her to speak. A waitress stopped by to fill his cup, and refill hers. She noticed the woman was very nervous, so she smiled at her, then said “Breathe, breathe my dear!”


The woman looked up at the waitress and after smiling, she said “ thanks, I will.”


She began saying I want to report not one, but two crimes. It's been weighing heavy on my mind, I knew you'd help me and tell me what I should do. Especially since this person is a well respected person in the community. So you can see my dilemma in this matter.”


The friend answered “ Yes, yes it looks like a very delicate matter. First, tell me what you saw without telling me who it is. Do you think you can do this?”


The woman replied “I'll try” She paused to collect her thoughts, without revealing who this person was.


“ Well I saw this person lust after a woman, not once but every time she bathed. See she prefers to have her bath outside in her garden. She claims it brings her closer to nature” she stated as quietly as possible.


The man sitting across from her replied “ I see, that in itself is wrong because he is violating her privacy. Is there more that you want to relate to me about this man, did he act on this woman in a bad way?”


The woman shook her head yes, then said “ Yes, he did... he committed adultery with her since she was a married woman. But that's not all he did to this woman's family.”


He could see she was anguished over what this man has done. So he patted her hand in comfort, then said “ I understand this is very hard for you, do your best to continue.”


The woman answered “ I'll try my best”




She then went on to tell the man, her friend, that this person committed the worst offense of all, Murder.”


Her friend sat back in shock, then asked “ you mean he not only took advantage of the woman, but killed someone too?”


Again she shook her head yes.


“Who was the person that this man killed or had killed?” asked the man sitting across from her.


She took a deep breath, then blurted out “ her husband, he killed her dear hard-working husband”, as tears ran down her cheek.


The man wanted to give the woman a hug as he felt sorry for her to have this hanging in her heart. But it wouldn't be right for him to do so. He let her take a moment before he spoke to her to find out more.


A waitress noticed she was crying, so she brought over some napkins so the woman could wipe her tears. Then she hurriedly went away to help other customers. Then the woman continued saying “Sorry its hard to know he might get away with this heinous crime, especially of who he is. See I could understand him being attracted to her since she is a very beautiful woman, and she was just as complicit after she found out who he was. They are even living part-time together, especially after he had, ya know, her husband ' knocked off' and his wife sent away to die.”


The man responded “ It's alright, I think I understand. While without knowing who this person is you're talking about all of those things are very wrong. Are you finally prepared to tell me who this man is yet?”


As she sat back then looked up at him in the eyes, and said “ yes I believe I am, but you wont be able to do anything about this situation.”


The gentleman retorted “Let me be the judge of that, after all a murder is a murder. Not only is it a crime in God's eyes, but man's laws take this very seriously!”


The female laughed, then snidely replying “ ha ha you don't understand �" he is the law!”


“ Oh, oh but still even he shouldn't be allowed to get away with this crime of murder, the adultery is wrong too; but the murder is another matter entirely!” he sat shaking his head.


Again she sat back and thought for a moment, then asked “ Can you give me your promise that none of this will come back on me?”


The man said “of course, I will do my best to keep your name out of this egregious matter.”


Shaking her head, she said “ Sorry that's not good enough, you have to give me your solemn promise or guarantee that you'll never mention my name or that I told you any of this.”


“ I promise that I will never mention where I got this information from” he stated emphatically to the woman.


She still didn't trust the man, the person sitting across from her, so she reached into her purse and brought out this stack of papers. He looked at the stack, then at her with wide eyes. Then back at the stack while saying “ Excuse me, but what are those papers you have there?”


As she put her hand on the top page, she replied while smiling “Oh these papers, they are a story I'm working on �" see I'm a writer. But this top one is a legal document for you to sign to ensure that my name while being a common name, will never be released. From now on you can refer me to Madame X! That way you can tell the others without compromising your solemn promise to me.”


He just replied “ hmmm”, continuing “and if I don't agree to sign that paper you won't tell me anymore of this account?”


“ Look at it this way, I really have nothing to lose, but this person has everything to gain because of who he was, is... and he is basically untouchable along with the lady he is shaking up with” the woman started bluntly.


“okay, I'll sign the damn paper, but only because I'm curious to fond out who these two people are. Then we can take this to the others, so we can discuss what we shall do and how to proceed. Or if we can do anything at all” the man said in a big huff.


“Wow, such language coming from a man of God! I just want to ensure my safety and anonymity from what I am about to reveal, even though you may not be able to do anything” the woman proceeded to reply.


The man bowed his head, then replied sorrowfully “ you're right, I'm sorry it's been a very frustrating time for me. First they say this, then they change procedures. I swear that sometimes I think my company is just winging it as they go from one day to the next. But it isn't your problem it's mine, let's deal with your issue” the gentleman replied.


The woman spoke consolingly, “I'm sorry for you, but why don't you quit that company?”


“Oh it's not that sort you just up and quit, I vowed to honor, obey and respect until death no matter what I do or don't like!” the man replied emphatically.


The woman said, “ oh I'd never do something like that, although I did join a health club once; but soon found out it wasn't what I wanted so I quit. Can't you do that, or go to another company?”


The man replied “ Oh if it were that simple, don't you think I would do that... or if I was the only one to worry about. Yet I have my family to wonder how they'd be affected by my leaving the company.”


“Well I will guarantee I will always be your friend no matter what you do” the woman said assuredly.


“ Thanks I appreciate that your willing to be my friend no matter what” he retorted.


“Now back to my problem, if you don't mind” she looked at him in a serious way.


“Right, right sorry about getting off topic on you. Are you ready to tell me who this highly important man is? Or do you want to tell me more about what he's done?” the man across her said.


She sighed, then reached into her bag and brought out a book. It was a small black book with no discernible marking on the cover, so he didn't quite make out what it was. Then she started thumbing through the book, until she got to the correct spot she wanted.


The man looked on while she did this, wondering what she was looking for.


“Now you may wonder why I am looking in this book” she said while holding the book in her hand, slowly continuing “while I was doing my daily reading, I came across the most horrendous account about a very important person who not only committed this crime of adultery, but murder! What I don't understand is how can he do those things, and still remain in his position. Are we do despise his actions while still giving him praise? Especially when God detests both actions and went on to become leader of a nation?”


“Interesting situation you have brought to me, and even though this happened quite a long time ago now that I realize who you are talking about telling me about. I believe he was also forgiven of his sins, am I right?” the man answered.


“Yes in reading further on, it does show that he was but only after he was caught by another person. What confuses me in this account is how he got away with these crimes. If somebody steals a loaf of bread to sustain a life, they are thrown in the prisons or killed?” she asked.


“ yes I know sometimes life is unfair, and we all live in a world fill with double standards! The rich get richer, while us poor bloke's get the shaft every single time. Yet even though I, we can't do much about a centuries old murderous fornicator; maybe we can focus our attention closer to home!” the man said emphatically.


As the woman was putting her book away, she quietly spoke “closer to home, what does that even mean?”


“Remember my problem!” he stated.


She slowly replied, “ uh, yeah.”


“ Well maybe we could collaborate on this issue, by me doing the undercover work, and you compiling my findings in a book. Even though much has been written about this my many others already, one by a person who was formerly in this company!” the man said excitedly.


“Sounds intriguing, I'm in; so when do we start?” the woman asked.


The man looked at his watch, then replied “ I have a Bible meeting to get to right now, but I'll be in touch. Then we can plan or compile the information I find, and get my exit strategy set. Oh, I feel like a spy already, even though I've barely started!”


She laughed while saying “ you don't look much like one, but maybe if you put on a nice dark suit you would.”


He was writing down on a piece of paper three letters and handed it to her.


After taking the paper, she looked down at it and read “COC”, then asked “what's that?”


“ Go to any bookstore and ask for a copy of this book, buy it, read it and then we shall meet up again. Even though we can't top what he wrote; but we can sure add our stories into the mix!” he quietly spoke as if someone was listening to their private conversation.


While shaking her head, she sighed then replied, “Okay give me two weeks to read this book. Oh and thanks for all the help easing my mind about the other incident. I should have known nothing could be done, but it was nice to get it off my chest. Now we can concentrate on your issues and begin making a book of our own. This one I'm working on can wait, its only a short story about a tragic love affair.”


Again he looked down at his watch, and said “ Oh dear I better go, I still have to change into a monkey suit, and play the part of an upstanding older man of the 'church'. ( using that word since this woman wouldn't know what he was talking about) He rose, shook her hand and said “goodbye for now, call me when you are done reading that book alright!”


She looked at the paper, then back to him and replied “ I will don't you worry”, then smiled a*s he walked out of the cafe.


The waitress came over asking “did you get everything sorted out?”


The woman was staring at the paper, and replied “ Yeah I think so, how much do I owe you?”


“Nothin' it's on the house, now it looks like you got some reading to do” she nodded while pointing at the paper.


The woman replied “yeah”


She gathered her papers up, and shoved them back into her bag, then got up to leave not even saying bye to the waitress. She was more interested in finding the nearest bookstore to get a copy of this book, COC. Whatever it was, it must be a great book; maybe it was a scathing expose about someone or some company she was eager to find out.


© 2018 Ice QueenJen


Author's Note

Ice QueenJen
Again this is a working story, as i get my thoughts on how to proceed I'll write another chapter in this saga. Just enjoy what I have written so far, and let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on July 23, 2018
Last Updated on July 23, 2018
Tags: Lies, murder, adultry, conscience

Author

Ice QueenJen
Ice QueenJen

Bakersfield, CA



About
Not only am I a woman, but a mother, friend, and hopefully the best person I could be. I have begun to broaden my horizons and get into writing poetry. But I also am an artist, and I am trying my ha.. more..

Writing
Gods? Gods?

A Poem by Ice QueenJen