Skeeter

Skeeter

A Story by trying_to_write
"

Short and sweet story:) enjoy

"

The end of May and I’m dancing like an idiot with some of the best people in the middle of a “dance floor” covered by a great big canvas pop up and I never thought something like this would happen.


It was Saturday night and I was so nervous. I don’t dance. I had never been to a social camp and the concept of a dance with a bunch of strangers who were all older than me seemed strange. But I went anyways, hoping to let loose and have fun. It was one of the best nights of my life.


Sunday night I was even more excited to dance. With the experience of the night before, I had little confidence but with the help of the girls in my group, it got boosted pretty fast after the music started. All dancing in a tight circle so as not to lose anyone in the mass of people jumping around us, a slightly familiar girl with dark blue hair, had squeezed her way in.


A short and sweet message as she looked directly at me, “Hit me up.” she said with a big grin on her face as she handed me a glow stick. I just got a girl’s number! My group hyped me up for what had just happened. Beet red, I looked at the glow stick to see a piece of paper taped to it. Text eggplant to this number. That night I got back to my tent and pulled out my phone. I put the number in and texted “Um, eggplant?”. Anxious to get a reply, I tossed and turned for a while. I couldn’t take it anymore and got up to go for a walk to the gazebo where the fire was burning. Sitting wrapped in my blanket at the edge staring at the fire, I started to wonder. They could be sitting here right now for all I know. Watching everyone type on their phones but not getting a reply myself, I gave up and went to bed.


Checking my phone at every buzz and ding, I finally got a message from a contact I named with the eggplant emoji. We talked all the way home, soon figuring out it was actually the girl’s guy friend and not the girl. Dang, not a big deal I guess. Turns out, I had known his family for years without actually knowing him. We kept talking and clicked right away. We hung out a few weeks later and as nervous as I was, I had never felt so comfortable around a guy as I did with you.


I let you see the scariest parts of me I’ve never liked. I let you in, closer than anyone’s been before. We started hanging out more often and we went on a lot of walks. July 28th, after watching Incredibles 2, I walked you to your door to say goodbye. “So I guess that was our first date,” you said. My heart skipped a beat. “I guess it was.” I couldn’t stop blushing. I was so giddy when I got back in the car, I was over the moon happy. Just over 6 months later and here we are. Happier and stronger than ever. Why just the other day I joked about not being able to wait to walk around in a ridiculous outfit and having no one judge me. “Yess, I can’t wait to see that.”   “You know I meant when I had my own house right? Like after I move out?”   “Yes, yes I did.”  “Sooo, what do you mean..?”   “Exactly what I said.” Such a simple thing to say, and it made me swoon all over again. I trust you with all that I am and I can’t thank you enough for being here with me. You are the happiness of my entire life.


© 2019 trying_to_write


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not bad at all; I'd just say that it comes off a bit as a journal, if that's what you're going for than that's fine. As a story it's a bit jumpy, slow down and describe more.

Posted 5 Years Ago


trying_to_write

5 Years Ago

Definitely less of a story, but I didn’t know what to put it under. Just kinda wanted to write it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
1 Review
Added on January 8, 2019
Last Updated on January 8, 2019

Author

trying_to_write
trying_to_write

Vancouver, Canada



About
I’ve never been very confident in my writing until I started sharing it. It helped me see that maybe I wasn’t a s****y writer? I’m only 16, I write a lot of poems and I’m reall.. more..

Writing
TBA TBA

A Poem by trying_to_write