GO ASK GRANDPA

GO ASK GRANDPA

A Story by Kuntry
"

It's not as complicated as we think...

"

HOWDY FOLKS,

In this life we make things to complicated for our own good. Everyone is bitching and complaining about how easy things were way back when.

Folks didn't lock their doors at night. People trusted people., We didn't rely on computers to do our thinking.. It's sad but most young folks today can't even tell ya what a Card Catalog is let alone seen the inside of a Library.

Mothers and Fathers raised there children with values and a purpose. Family meant something other than simply a means to get another Government check. A complete stranger would stop to help in times of trouble and expect nothing in return but a smile. If you broke the law? You were punished not baby sat for years on end and then let free to do it all over again.

Yep! This Ole World has just become to Damn Complicated. We all know whats wrong. We all complain at one time or another. Yet we all are simply to lazy or afraid to do a thing to change it... Why?, Because over time we have grown numb, we have been taught that it's much easier to look the other way than to cause a stir.

Have you ever asked yourself, "What would Grandpa do?" Or his Grandfather? You can bet your sweet a*s's that if Pop saw a woman or a child being abused in the Walmart parking lot, he wouldn't just drive away pretending not to notice. It's sad, but that's what people do these days.

Is it to late to fix this? Have we all sealed our own fate? Isn't there anyone left willing to try? Or do we just stay behind our locked doors and wait for the next generation coming up to fix things? What would Grandpa do?

Maybe it's already to late to ask?...... Maybe it isn't?...

WE screwed up this country.. We are to blame. Not your Fathers, or their Fathers before them... NOPE! it was us. Back in the 40's and 50's, Life was good. When exactly did it start going down hill?.. Was it the 60's?, 70's or the 80's? Does anyone even care anymore?

Why can't we simply return to those times? Progress can be undone.. Remember when Grandma would do her spring cleaning? Just throw away what was un-necessary. Do we as humans really need a machine to do our thinking for us? How on earth did we make it before Cell Phones, Computers, High tech automobiles,Weapons of Mass Destruction? Etc,Etc. My Ole Great Grandpa lived in a time when there was no running water or Electricity in your home.Your whole worth and future wasn't based on a Number score, it was based on your word. In that time if you found yourself down on your luck? Friends,Family,Neighbors,and even total strangers would come to your aid.

Now I'll admit some things we have now are good. We have made many breakthroughs in the field of Medicine. But should a simple test with a machine cost you thousands and thousands of dollars?

Pops lived to be 98 years old. Do we really need to take 18 pills a day to survive? Or are we just padding the pockets of some big drug company that has no soul? They come out with a New Miracle Drug.. They claim it cures all. Then 5 years later someone discovers that they lied. The drug you took to save your life was in reality slowly killing you? HURRY! Get yourself a Lawyer... Get a piece of that pie while ya can. It's a never-ending cycle... BULLSHIT!......Grandpa didn't need those drugs. God decided exactly how long he would live. And personally I think the Big Guy did a good job.

Now I am far from a Bible thumper. I've had my share of troubles. I'm certainly not one to go around cramming my beliefs down your throat. Momma always taught me that if you tried to force feed someone something they didn't want to eat. They usually ended up just choking and spitting it back out. But the reality of it all is simple. Wasn't this country so much better when we put our trust in God instead of Politicians or machines? If ya don't believe me?.. GO ASK YA GRANDPA!

Wear ya smiles......kuntry

 

© 2008 Kuntry


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So true, and things have been going down hill faster and faster in the last ten years, and every one sits by and complains. What a wake up call. You have written with all your charm a point that should be addressed as heavily as "political change". Loved it.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 9, 2008

Author

Kuntry
Kuntry

Wesson, MS



About
Sometimes I write because I am compelled by something so hard to explain, it becomes a challenge to bring it to light. Everybody knows you never challenge a Southern born man. Things we hold dear a.. more..

Writing
Just Look Just Look

A Poem by Kuntry


Redneck Runaway Redneck Runaway

A Story by Kuntry