the end of the world

the end of the world

A Story by kurrupted
"

it was a dream i had..lol,however i intend to continue writitng it

"

 

 

 

                                   END OF THE WORLD

 

 

the year is 3009, 2 decades after the war against the half men half machine (the terminators) and the dust of world war  three is just beginning to settle down, although that in itself paved way to another catastrophe that  in fact is believed to be the last phase of human existence. 700 years earlier, the earth has been subjected to a devastating shake up .Africa  was  wiped off by a deadly plague that in less than a century claimed up to 90% of the Negro race.  This epidemic is caused by a rare form of virus that claimed life in less than 24 hours and specifically the black race because it has the tendency of recognizing the melanin producing gene (gene responsible for the black color in Negroid). Asia was submerged beneath the Sahara and so also some part of North Africa. Termed the desert volca-quake, this phenomenon defied scientific explanation since its first occurrence. It’s more like an earth quake and a volcanic eruption knitted together. However, unlike the shortness in the time of occurrence as well as the frequency especially in the case of the former, this disaster persist for hours shooting up mass of sand to the sky as well as tearing up the ground, both transpiring simultaneously. North and South America have a different ball game of there own as they got submerged beneath the Atlantic waters. This was caused by the steady rise in global warming which made the north and south poles iceberg melt down, this over the years rose to about 200 degrees Celsius.

           Australia, New Zealand and all other islands were submerged and wiped off the surface by an under water quake never seen in the history of the world which tore through the earth.

  Humans have been in existence, underground for more than 2 centuries. This brings to truth the saying of the fortune teller naztradamuz (the man who saw tomorrow) who stated “a time will come when man shall become man eater”. This is a time when humans run from other humans to avoid being devoured, a time when children run away from there parent and parent from there grown up children. This is the time when a father and a mother will agree to eat there children in other to stay alive. Before I escaped from my previous shelter (because I realized I was about to be the next target for lunch), I bumped into some couple who have just slaughtered there 6 year old for lunch and are making barbeque. The mum was shedding tears as she  sliced the right arm.

    On that day the sun rose from the west at about 4pm, and even at it is on the edge of total and final destruction, the earth look beautiful with the moon closing up on it. The moon skidded off its course and fell in towards the earth; just about 2000 miles away, it depicts a sight so breathtaking it made the great wall of china of the 21zt century look like a joke.

      At the time of the war, some of the dominant figures foresaw the fiasco and moved onto the moon which at the time is within the atmosphere, but somehow some way gravity wasn’t pulling it at 9 meter per second squared, but report has it that the machines didn’t spare any of them.

   Funny enough, when the world was inhabited by humans there was the existence of the concept of the dominant and the dominated, the suppressor and the suppressed. History showed that America fought Iraq in early 2000, later the orient countries, this in fact was due to the idea that if these regions gain nuclear capabilities they could use it wrongly and probably cause world war three, what in fact humans never thought of was the existence of an external super power, the terminators. World war three was in fact against these aliens.

      china at the time was the world’ super power, far ahead in technology, it launched a powerful satellite in its quest to explore the space. However unknown to china space agency the signals from the satellite is interfering with the alien central processor. ….suddenly the scream for celebrations as  Egypt  scored a goal in the just concluded African nations cup woke me up from the dream.

 

© 2008 kurrupted


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Even without your dream, there are so many negative scenario's for mankind's future. This dream shows but a few. The sad thing is that one or many of them can come true very easily! Perhaps this wasn't a dream, but a real glimpse into our future. Maybe you are the next "nostradamus"? Barbara

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Added on February 12, 2008

Author

kurrupted
kurrupted

Maiduguri, Nigeria



About
This is me. more..

Writing