Celeste

Celeste

A Story by Pointblank
"

Story for the serenity contest based on the picture.

"

Sadly along the sandy shore Celeste heard a soft whisper.

“Amongst a circle of stones I am, under the tree of life I stand…sail to me.”

She looked to the stars, she smelled the salt air, she stared through every passerby and still the sultry voice sounded again.

“Amongst a circle of stones I am, under the tree of life I stand…sail to me."

Up ahead settled quaintly by the sea a tiny vessel summoned her.

Celeste climbed in and pushed off with the oars and set her sights on an island just beyond the horizon.

The moon shined brightly and the sea was so calm she sailed to the awaiting shore.

Celeste felt drawn across the sands. Her bare feet led her along with the saying of the sea. “Amongst a circle of stones I am.”

The warmth of a stone with heat saved from the sun soothed her tender toes.

The words went on “under the tree of life I stand".

Underneath the twisted tree she sat snuggled against its trunk.

There nestled between the sand and stone a flower that smelled so sweet. She picked the flower of sultry pink hue and breathed in its scent . Serenity filled her soul a cooling calm like the water lapping at her feet and the moon glow upon her face.

“Swim to me.” The whispered words crossed her mind like the wind that blew her hair.

Walking into the cool clear water a chill began at her waist. It enveloped her like a deep desire and filled her senses with love and understanding. Feeling the sea and earth as one, she closed her eyes and reopened them to the very real flesh and bone of Poseidon God of the sea. He held her close and longed for her earthly body. Aphrodite sister of Poseidon and Goddess of love stood nearby whirling her hands and speaking an unspoken language in approval. Nodding at her sister Hera, Goddess of marriage to finalize the union.

Poseidon had convinced brother Hade, God of the dead and the underworld to bring Celeste to him when she had lost her true love and in her sorrows walked into his world to end her own, Give her life and to him wed.

He promised his undying love to her and everlasting life as his wife under the sea.

Hade without haste did as Poseidon asked certainly for favors dark and vile. Hera and Aphrodite shares of the sea ..and Celeste

the undying love of he.

PB 5/19/08

© 2008 Pointblank


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved this, the whole idea of a God courting a mortal woman was fabulous, drawing her into the sea to be his bride. I like how you had the other Gods and Goddesses assisting in various ways. This is a wonderful addition to the contest, thank you for your participation. I love hosting them. They're so much fun.


~Rogue Daffodil~

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 19, 2008

Author

Pointblank
Pointblank

NC



About
--------------------------------------------------------------------- So much has changed. Even the poems Ive written seem so foreign to me. I've come back to write again and found an emptyness of.. more..

Writing