The Invisible Woman

The Invisible Woman

A Poem by Laura Sadler
"

This is a poem which is very personal to me. It basically explains some of the feelings that I felt while I was a student at university in the past few months.

"
I am the invisible woman.  
      I'm that face in the classroom on the opposite chair. The one whose joke people laughed at once.
                                  Then,
                                          among the crowds,
                                                                    lecturers,
                                                                                 book piles,
                                                                                                I'm gone.

I am the invisible wom
     I'm that image in the list of your Facebook invited. The one people recognise and say might be fun.
                              Then,
                                      among the crowds,
                                                                alcohol,
                                                                           music,
                                                                                      I'm gone.
I am the invisible
     I'm that memory in the flat a few floors below. The one people occasionally join for a cigarette.
                       Then,
                               among the crowds,
                                                         behind the laundry pile,
                               under that cloud of smoke,
                                                                                                                I've gone.

© 2015 Laura Sadler


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow this was very deep, emotional and very moving.
I loved this piece.
I like how with the first line, the word woman was slowly vanishing, until gone, just like you are feeling.
That was very cleaver
This was an interesting piece, you are an interesting writer that's for sure.
Im sorry you feel invisible though, that honestly sucks.
Brilliant write :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is really a very good write... You have constructed the poem in a way that it explains to the reader how the poet went away from the life she once lived... Both the presentation and the words reflects your thoughts perfectly... I believe some of us can relate to this piece very much... A deeply thought out piece...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


Amazing. An excellent use of space. It's like a painting, with words.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow this was beautiful and deep. I also loved the format of this poem. I can definitely relate to feeling invisible. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I liked how you started to take woman away every sentence. Very creative. I also like how you placed each sentence. It adds to the effect of being invisible.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very creative and I like how the woman truly became invisible and the styling of your sentence structure invites both the eye and mind to come and read the poem. Standing O!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow this was very deep, emotional and very moving.
I loved this piece.
I like how with the first line, the word woman was slowly vanishing, until gone, just like you are feeling.
That was very cleaver
This was an interesting piece, you are an interesting writer that's for sure.
Im sorry you feel invisible though, that honestly sucks.
Brilliant write :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, I could feel the emotion from this poem. I really enjoyed how the poem was aligned, how the words seem to disappear towards the end further more symbolizing the effect of the woman not always being around and disappearing and only being noticed shyly. Excellently written.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is very good it touched my heart. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2015
Last Updated on February 17, 2015
Tags: invisible, invisibility, depression, exclusion, separation, ignored, loneliness, disappearing, isolation, rejection, struggle, people, decisions, turning point, sad, lonely, darkness

Author

Laura Sadler
Laura Sadler

North Yorkshire, United Kingdom



About
Currently a student studying BA English and French. I love reading and writing and especially combining them with my other passion, which is music. more..

Writing