This night belongs to me

This night belongs to me

A Story by Leo
"

You ruled the night, as you liked to say.

"

    I step into the dark, as the night wraps its warm velvety wings around the cobblestone streets and emptied plazas. This is the night when I hunt. And this is the night when my hunt will be over. I hope so at least. I think you hope for that too. To see me dare. To see me rage. But at this point, there is no rage. I am cold. My soul hardened. Heart’s fire replaced with dull glow. Silver shine. Like a full moon. Like my bullets. I’ve been searching for you for too long. Following your trail. City after city. La Habana Vieja. The old town. Is that where we met first? Governors ball.

    Striking.

    Fiery.

    Passionate.

    Daring.

    You ruled the night, as you liked to say. And I served under that rule willingly. With all my heart. Until one night you disappeared. Your moon gone, and taking your cold fire with it. Desperate, I’ve been looking for your everywhere. Then things started happening. Strange things. Things I was assigned to investigate. I bet you knew the precinct would choose me. I bet you wanted me to walk through your steps. To realize one day the heat of your fire was as icy cold as the freezing touch of death itself.

    Eternal.

    Irrevocable.

    I left Havana. Your blood streaks scratched that city off my heart forever.

    Panama. Bogota. Santa Cruz. Buenos Aires.

    I know you know. Much more than I ever thought I did. Even that night on the terrace when I thought my entire universe sank into your eyes as you opened your soul to me. The very soul I am stepping into right now.

    Darkness.

    I know you are waiting. Can feel the air bending around my lips. The air of your deadly kiss. But this night belongs to me.

    -Soy dueño de esta noche!

© 2016 Leo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on November 7, 2016
Last Updated on November 7, 2016
Tags: love, mystery, fantasy, tale, night, romance, darkness

Author

Leo
Leo

San Francisco, CA



About
Welcome to my world! A note of caution. These waters are known for deep philosophical currents and emotional turbulence. Proceed at your own risk. No soul guard on duty. [all pictures are taken by m.. more..

Writing
There and then There and then

A Poem by Leo


Glimpse Glimpse

A Story by Leo